Author Topic: Fresh eyes and observations.  (Read 2771 times)

Dechs Kaison

• Underling
Fresh eyes and observations.
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:05:02 PM »
Greets Titan Network.  Let me start by simply saying thanks.  What you guys have accomplished here is nothing short of phenomenal.

That said, here are just a few of my observations and ... well, let's just call it a wish list.  I don't have any idea of the feasibility of any of this, nor am I able to judge the amount of time required to do any of these things.  I'm just throwing a few ideas out here.

1) Have a portion of the character's information dedicated to build.  You could have the Mids export feature put the data chunk directly to the character's page.  Just be sure to include the option to keep the build private like influence.

1.5) Can Sentinel tell which build you're using? I don't think the dual build feature is used often, but I wouldn't want to see switching to an experimental second build automatically overwrite a finished build.

2) Can Sentinel see costume pieces?  If you monitor a character's costume, it could put that information in CIT just like the save files.  If Sentinel can tell which costume slot you're using, that's even better, as it wouldn't overwrite when a character changes costumes.

3) It would be nice if TitanSentinel had a checklist of things to update.  This would allow, just as an example, people to reformat a bio for online, perhaps with a higher character limit, and not have it overwritten.  Or it would let you change costumes/builds without overwriting the ones you have on the site (assuming Sentinel cannot differentiate between costumes/builds).

4) Is salvage/merits/inventory tracking possible?  I know this would be advantageous to a lot of players who have a lot of alts and a large spread of wealth.

5) I'd like to see an "accolade checklist" that summed up what badges a character still needs for the power granting accolades.  I only badge hunt on a few characters, but I like to get the accolades on everyone.

6) The account summary page shows powerset usage, but it is broken down by AT first.  I think it would be nice to have the option to ignore the AT and simply see how many of each set I play.

Again, I hope I don't sound like that whiny nephew asking why he only got X, and not Y and Z as well for Christmas.  That's not what I'm going for at all.  Just tossing some ideas out there.

Thanks again for the amazing tools you have provided.

Rodion

• Underling
Re: Fresh eyes and observations.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »
I'd like to second the suggestion of tracking of salvage, recipes and IOs in trays. With the addition of global email, it's now relatively easy to pick up complete -- or nearly so -- sets of things from all your characters. That is, if you know you have them.

It would be fine if we have to open the windows Sentinel to "see" the items -- I have to do the same when I'm tracking everything by hand in a spreadsheet.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
I don't want to spill the beans too early, but inventory tracking has been figured out and will be supported in a later version.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
When all this is done, are you going to rename it "The Vault"?

:P :o ;D :gonk:

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 11:38:58 PM »
That's pretty funny.  Just the other day I was thinking when this is all said and done we're going to be tracking just about everything The Vault was supposed to be keeping track of.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov