Author Topic: Foreign Language support?  (Read 2229 times)

Errants

• Underling
Foreign Language support?
« on: November 25, 2010, 04:41:48 AM »
Ya'll gonna add in support for languages/alphabets other than English? Specifically, would love Cyrillic alphabet support for character bios (http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/83607), but I'm sure that there'd be a demand for Asian and Classical Western Alphabets as well.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Foreign Language support?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »
Sorry this hasn't been answered yet.

As far as I know, CIT is able to store any characters that are capable of being represented in UTF-8 format.  Not being familiar enough with Cyrillic or Asian character sets, I don't know if that includes the characters you have in mind.

Now, whether or not Sentinel is currently sending text in ASCII or UTF-8 format to CIT, I don't actually know.  I'll see if I can get an answer for you on that.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Foreign Language support?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »
Sentinel sends whatever's pulled out of client memory, which I believe is encoded in UTF-8. The in-program text box only shows ASCII, but it's just a representation of the data.