Author Topic: Unable to dl mid's  (Read 1158 times)

tsgeisel

• Underling
Unable to dl mid's
« on: November 26, 2010, 05:15:13 PM »
I've used mid's from the early days, but recently I bought a new hard drive and upgraded to windows7, not transferring any files, just making a clean start with new drive and new OS (only way to ditch a nasty rootkit virus on the old drive). I tried to dl the latest version of mid's to install it on my new drive, but am getting an error msg once I hit the installation wizard. I am running the 64 bit version of win7. Is mid's not supported for 64 bit? Am I missing something? Tried multiple times without success.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
Re: Unable to dl mid's
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »
That's surely not the only way to get rid of a rootkit virus, seeing that rootkits start with Windows, and if you boot the computer from a OS installation CD, for example, it doesn't activate.

Are you running the installer as an administrator? You can try installing it to a folder other than Program Files if running it as an administrator doesn't help.

tsgeisel

• Underling
Re: Unable to dl mid's
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
Installing elsewhere did the trick, thanks.  Btw, there were several reasons why I chose to just start fresh, didn't want to go into extensive irrelevant detail, the virus just seemed the quickest explanation. Suffice to say there weren't any files on the old drive I really needed, and decided a clean start was the best overall approach.