Author Topic: Auto-Update Fails, MHD.mhz?  (Read 1987 times)

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
Auto-Update Fails, MHD.mhz?
« on: December 03, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »
How do you use a .mhz file (the file titan is giving when you go to the site to get mid's)? I tried auto-updating with mid's open, and it downloads and prompts a close/re-launch and I let it, then upon that it said an update was available so I said no...and it was still the i18 version. So I closed and opened it and said yes this time, let it close/re-open...still i18.

Edit: Weird, it took like 4 tries, but it just did the auto-update again, but applied this time. Hmm, 2 column mode looks really really weird on my 1280x1024 screen, like a 4 inch vertical cap between swift and the rest of fitness, causing every power to scale minuscule to make them fit on screen.

Edit Again: BUG:Placing an IO in a prestige sprint with standard sprint on toggles on the IO'd prestige sprint but does not de-toggle standard sprint, showing both on at once.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:34:40 AM by PsychicG »

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Re: Auto-Update Fails, MHD.mhz?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 07:49:09 AM »
Yeah, for some reason, the cohplanner page is showing the appupdate file instead of the exe file. And some people are having problems with the auto-update that clears up after a couple of attempts. I'm tempted to shut down the auto-update until we have the bug ironed out.

The other two bugs are noted.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 07:54:16 AM »
Don't shut down the auto update, since it works - after a few tries (I got it on the first try) - but the download page definitely needs poked.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »
Just cos it was pointed out to me: The link in the 1.9 announcement thread, which links to the repo file, is the correct installer file, works, and doesn't seem to have any installation issues.

If the auto-update fails too many times for you, you can always just download and install manually (backup your saved builds!)

(This note isn't for Diellan, it's for Mids' users that come looking for info on the MHD.mhz file.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
The MHD.mhz file is being downloaded when you click on the Mids link on the cohtitan.com front page, too. The link in the post above this works, though.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion