Author Topic: Cast time are all wrong, all over  (Read 4098 times)

TA

• Minion
Cast time are all wrong, all over
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
I noticed while building an Elec Melee scrapper that Mids kept saying all his attacks had cast times above two seconds.  Even with Arcanatime flipped on, that didn't seem right, and lo and behold, looking in the database editor they're all way more than they should be.  Looking at other sets, everything seems messed up - Thunder Kick and Storm Kick don't have 1.452 second cast times, Eagle's Claw doesn't take 3.432 seconds, Claws's fastest attack isn't 1.452 seconds, Shadow Punch isn't 1.452 seconds and Smite isn't 1.716 seconds ... and it's not just scrappers, either.  Blaster tier 1s are consistently shown as 1.716 seconds, not the 1 second they're supposed to be, and tier 2s are all 2.376 instead of 1.67.

I'm not sure what happened, but somehow with the I19 update all the cast times got messed up.  They're all in multiples of .132 seconds, and things that should have the same cast time in Arcanatime seem to have the same wrong cast time - Nimble Slash, Shockwave, and Smite have cast times of 1.03, 1, and .97 respectively, all should have an Arcanatime cast time of 1.188, and all are reported in Mids as being 1.716 seconds - but nothing seems to be actually *right*.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Cast time are all wrong, all over
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:55:14 PM »
Thunder Kick and Storm Kick don't have 1.452 second cast times

Just for the sake of curiosity, what version of the database do you have?  I'm showing a cast time of .83 seconds for Scrapper Thunder Kick in the 19.001 database that comes with the 1.90 planner.  With Arcanatime on, the planner shows a value of 1.056 for Thunder Kick.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TA

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
Also 19.001.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:37:02 AM »
I have two copies of Mids running on my machine, and one of them has also started to exhibit this behavior. My guess is that somewhere, somehow, the cast times are getting altered. I'll look into it further, and I seriously hope I can find an actual cause...

Have you gone into the db editor at all, TA?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 08:56:36 AM »
For the record, I got my data from the auto-update the first day it was released, and my numbers match Eabrace's (aka the correct numbers).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 11:15:53 AM »
For the record, I got my data from the auto-update the first day it was released, and my numbers match Eabrace's (aka the correct numbers).

And my second one has the numbers correct. But on both of them I do so much database manipulation that I don't know if its a bug with the database editor or not (that's the likeliest avenue, since that's the only time that Mids ever makes changes to the db files). Hence why I want to know if TA has used the editor before this bug happened. If not, then I need to hunt elsewhere, if so, then I can start screwing with it until I replicate the bug again.

TA

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 03:18:28 AM »
I have.  Usually one of the first things I have to do every time there's a database update is redo some Stealth powers to not have their suppressible bits, since those screw up my calculations.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 09:39:23 AM »
I have.  Usually one of the first things I have to do every time there's a database update is redo some Stealth powers to not have their suppressible bits, since those screw up my calculations.

Luckily for you, the 1.9.1 alpha version that I'm using has suppression as an option in the Configuration. So you won't have to do that anymore. :)

Suzumebachi

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
...the 1.9.1 alpha version that I'm using has suppression as an option in the Configuration. So you won't have to do that anymore. :)

W00t!

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »
Also, I've found that the problem comes from having ArcanaTime enabled when saving changes to the database (I apparently missed a CastTime reference when I was converting things from CastTime to CastTimeReal, so when it saves, it saves the ArcanaTime value instead of the real value). Thus this is fixed in 1.9.1.