Author Topic: CIT thinks I have 2 more badges than I actually do  (Read 3681 times)

darkgob

• Elite Boss
CIT thinks I have 2 more badges than I actually do
« on: December 17, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
In-game, my Mastermind has 934 badges.  Titan Sentinel also gives a count of 934.  CIT, however, gives a count of 936.

What up with that?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: CIT thinks I have 2 more badges than I actually do
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 06:49:07 AM »
Since this isn't an issue with Sentinel (Sentinel is reporting the correct number of badges), I moved this to CIT's bug reports forum, where it belongs.

CIT has issues; it has some back-end logic that hasn't been updated yet. It's usually related to account-level badges that are granted to Praetorian-created characters instead of hero/villain-created characters. Typically "Praetoria's Son" (Daughter) and "True to the Last". You can delete those badges from your character and they will not re-verify (we changed the logic on the back-end recently and your record may be from before that).

If these are not the badges that are wrong, please let us know which ones are wrong.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 01:21:27 AM »
Got rid of True to the Last, but Praetoria's Son isn't there since I don't have VIP badge access to begin with.  With so many badges it's hard to tell what the other one is.  Any other suggestions?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 01:33:03 AM »
In general, if I'm having trouble figuring out where an extra badge has been added, it usually comes down to a Gladiator or Exploration badge.  You might want to just do a quick count of the number of Glad and Exploration badges you have in your personal info window and see if that matches the number that CIT is showing you have validated.

Other badge categories are generally easier to do a visual side-by-side comparison with since the badges show up in the same order in-game as they do in CIT.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
Just figured it out.  For some reason the 75-month Veteran badge Resolute got added (and verified!) even though I only have 45 months of Veteran Rewards.  Didn't even occur to me to look there until I checked every other category.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:17:17 PM »
I think there used to be two Resolute badges, and one was changed to solve the conflict? But now I'm not sure.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »
There was an AE badge named Resolute in I15.  Not sure how that would verify the 75 mo badge since I don't think that existed at the time.  (But I could be wrong.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »
CIT think I have 120 more badges than I do!  :o

Like the OP's situation, Titan Sentinel has the correct 1014 for my main, Cinnder, but CIT says 1134.  I haven't checked all of them, but it has given me every single exploration badge, even though Cinn turned villain before i19 and is still hanging out on redside.

Ever since i18/GR, the badge counts in CIT have not been correct for any of my characters who have crossed over the red/blue line, but Titan Sentinel is always correct.  This profusion of exploration badges for Cinn didn't happen till I loaded Sentinel 0.9.2 -- though that could be a coincidence.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »
OK, that one I've seen.  What it comes down to is if you open your info window to verify badges on a character, log out to switch characters before Sentinel finishes verifying all of the badges, and log your next character in, the remaining badges that still needed to be verified will be verified, but they'll be added to the character you just logged in, not the one you logged out.

I think the next version of Sentinel addresses this issue, but I'm not entirely certain.

Until then, the only ways to avoid this are to either verify each character's badge count before logging out to log in the next character or shut down Sentinel between characters.  (I recommend the first option.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
Ah, interesting.  TY for the reply.  That might be what happened.

Any way to fix this in CIT short of hand-cancelling all those badges?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
The easiest way is to clear the badges from any categories where you think there are extra badges and use /infoself to re-verify the badges.  Just make sure you wait long enough for all the badges to verify before switching characters again.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin