Author Topic: Mids' Hero Designer v1.910  (Read 22008 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Mids' Hero Designer v1.910
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »
How you are even saying it's working it beyond me,
Mainly because for the large majority of users, it is working. It worked for me on three different computers with three different setups. It worked for most of my City friends (one had an update loop, solved by not installing to Program Files). From what I've seen on these and the official forums, it worked for most of those users, too.

There are always edge cases.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »
I say just force the install into the AppData/Roaming folder on Vista and Win7 machines. You'll bypass the UAC altogether, Admin right will no longer be asked because it's your folder! lol.

Just an opinion.

And yes, being able to read and understand others' organically grown code is a skillset I share as well, but obviously only to a degree as I was only able to create workarounds versus solutions.

Seems you guys got your heads in the right place... now you just gotta drop kick the Mids' sourcecode and force it to comply! lmao.
~Steinerd

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »
That makes no sense whatsoever. It is NOT saving to the current launch directory. I'm launching MIDS from my "Games Folder". Going from your hypothesis, the game is being launched from %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\ <-Not what the article says.
Well, running a program as a service sets the working directory to the system32 folder, and that's the best explanation I could come up with that I didn't already...not that any of them seemed very likely. :P

Hah, that's crazy. I just ran a shortcut from my Start Menu, and it chose an absolutely random directory for the current directory: my Christian Kinesis logo folder, which is quite distant from any software folders. I'm pretty sure I can't explain why running a program using a shortcut in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs", which points to "D:\all\GetCurrentDirectory.exe", results in a current directory of "D:\all\02 06 05\Fancy\Christian Kinesis". In fact, I moved the program elsewhere on the D drive and even on the C drive and got the same result.

Well, maybe I can partly explain it. If you organize D:\all by name, 02 06 05 is the first folder... then you organize that folder by date (which is actually how I have all my folders organized), Fancy is the first folder in there. Organize that folder by date, and you get Christian Kinesis. However, this folder also has another subdirectory in it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:49:19 PM by DeProgrammer »

Fixxer

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 02:16:47 AM »
Any update on the upgrade for Mids with Alpha slot capabilities? :)

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »
Current Dev Build:
Alpha Slot works. The UI sucks and it doesn't save/import/export yet, but it works.

Once the UI is replaced and we get save/import/export working (within the next few days, likely), it'll go into QA.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 11:35:07 PM »
I split a set of suggestions by storyteller off to its own thread in Suggestions.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal