Author Topic: Titan sentinel not sending proper badge information  (Read 6921 times)

dmcfarland

• Underling
Titan sentinel not sending proper badge information
« on: January 11, 2011, 04:13:47 AM »
Titan sentinel is only showing three badges for my toon Artemis Warforge. I have more badges than that. Is it something I am doing?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Titan sentinel not sending proper badge information
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:36:27 AM »
Is SENTINEL showing the wrong number of badges, or is CITYINFOTERMINAL showing the wrong number of badges?

The difference is extremely important. Sentinel should basically never show the wrong number of badges if you've used /infoself. CIT will sometimes show the wrong number of badges, depending on the badges in question.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Thuban.cox

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »
Hi,

I've the same problem with all my characters.
I use the last version of sentinel and it show the right number and listing of badges.
but CIT is only showing less than 5 badges for all my characters, sentinel or CIT never checked my badges whatsoever during a session or with the /info_self command.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
Sometimes restarting Sentinel can clear up issues where it looks like the data is correct in Sentinel but not making it to CIT properly.  Have you tried restarting Sentinel when you see these issues?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thuban.cox

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 12:56:40 PM »
yes, many times.

I've this issue since a looonnnnng time.
I've try many things and the badges informations never synch from my PC to CIT.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
I've been trying to work with Thuban here for a good week or so and am coming up dry.  I know that Sentinel is working because last time I checked ZXS' CIT Account, there were only like 9 Characters listed whereas now there are 15.

Silly Question for ya ZXS - have you tried manually clicking on a Badge in-game to see if Sentinel shows it?  I just want to rule out all of the selection methods and you've tried /info already, the only things left are to manually select the Badges and / or use the bind Files.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 05:58:38 PM »
have you tried manually clicking on a Badge in-game to see if Sentinel shows it?  I just want to rule out all of the selection methods and you've tried /info already, the only things left are to manually select the Badges and / or use the bind Files.

Sentinel will not track badges when they are selected as a character's badge title. Only when they are earned or the personal Info is brought up.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 06:53:59 PM »
I've been trying to work with Thuban here for a good week or so and am coming up dry.  I know that Sentinel is working because last time I checked ZXS' CIT Account, there were only like 9 Characters listed whereas now there are 15.

Silly Question for ya ZXS - have you tried manually clicking on a Badge in-game to see if Sentinel shows it?  I just want to rule out all of the selection methods and you've tried /info already, the only things left are to manually select the Badges and / or use the bind Files.

Since he's already stated that Sentinel shows the correct number of badges, that indicates to me that Sentinel is having no issues picking up the character data.  If it's getting that far without any issues, then the problem has to either be between Sentinel and Titan, or on CIT itself.  My gut says it's between Sentinel and Titan.

However, if Taz is correct, Sentinel does, indeed, seem to be connecting to Titan.  If it weren't then the new characters shouldn't have been added to the site (unless they were added by hand.)

Do any of the characters have custom images uploaded?  If Sentinel is making a good connection with the Titan servers, any custom images should load into Sentinel when the character is detected.  If the image doesn't load, there might be a connectivity issue.

There wouldn't, by some odd chance, be any firewall settings preventing Sentinel from sending data, would there?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
Sentinel will not track badges when they are selected as a character's badge title. Only when they are earned or the personal Info is brought up.

Well I'm an idiot...I do remember this amongst the first discussions of Sentinel being distributed.  Sorry and thanks Guy.

There are no custom Images on CIT, I don't know if there ever were though.  Each Character has a few badges added and Verified recently which means Sentinel is reading something.  These badges couldn't have all be added to the Character itself recently either.  I say this because there are the Year 4 and 6 Anniversary Badges on the Characters....those are awarded immediately if logged in during the time specified, so it's not like he just Logged the Characters in for the first time in a while and the Badges are just now showing up on said Characters (ie vet Badges).  So Sentinel is able to read something of pre-existing Badges as well as new ones, but it's those badges in between that aren't transferring.  Which confuses me.

I cannot find anything strange with the CIT or Titan Account, all details match what he has given me so it's not like the information is being duplicated somewhere as we saw once before with the older Tracking Programs.

He did ask if there was anything special as far as Settings goes for Sentinel and I replied that to the best of my knowledge there was none.  Just boot it up and go, basically.

Thuban.cox

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »
hi,
Thx for the reply.

no custom images right now, but i'll upload some tonight and see if I see them in Sentinel.

as for the Firewall, I've checked my logs and nothing appeared to be blocked.
can you tell me if Sentinel use some specifics Ports/Protocols/IP,...

As I said to Taz, I will run some tests on another computer and if necessary on another account.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »
Sentinel only communicates with the Titan Network server via HTTP, so if you can post on this message board, it's not that. (-:

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
Sentinel only communicates with the Titan Network server via HTTP, so if you can post on this message board, it's not that. (-:
Not always.  Windows can do some weird things.

hi,
Thx for the reply.

no custom images right now, but i'll upload some tonight and see if I see them in Sentinel.

as for the Firewall, I've checked my logs and nothing appeared to be blocked.
can you tell me if Sentinel use some specifics Ports/Protocols/IP,...

As I said to Taz, I will run some tests on another computer and if necessary on another account.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,2961.msg31879.html#msg31879

You might want to try looking at this post and trying it out. There was an odd issue in which a proxy was set without the user remembering it.  This allowed the user to visit the site via a browser, but couldn't connect with Glycerine (the old client).

No guarantees that this'll work, as I'm fairly certain GP uses a different way (than what Glycerine used or HeroStats uses) to send the webservice queries, but it might be worth a look.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »
Sentinel currently interacts with the same webservice that HeroStats and Glycerine did.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
I'm talking sockets vs win api

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean. Sentinel uses Sockets through the Windows API... It connects to Titan Network via TCP on port 80 and manually constructs and parses the messages sent between client and server.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 04:37:14 AM »
My apologies, an explanation.

I occasionally use Fiddler2 to debug/inspect the queries & responses that are sent from my machine.  This was particularly helpful when running Glyc and Atomic, as I didn't always have to run a debug version of the code to troubleshoot.  All queries, including those for the version checks, are displayed in there.

It is my understanding that Fiddler2 sits somewhere in the Windows Framework stack and intercepts/passes on the messages received over port 80.  Fiddler2 isn't just IE, as it'll intercept and display the messages from Firefox, Chrome, and others (like HeroStats).

When I run Sentinel, it doesn't appear in the program at all.  My assumption here is that the calls you are making to talk to the server are at a lower (closer to the hardware) level in the API than the .NET Frameworks that were being used by Glyc, Atomic, and HeroStats. 

The original meaning of bringing this up was that I wasn't sure at what level the "proxy" setting mentioned in the link actually kicks in.  It could be even closer to the hardware, and as such, Sentinel might still be affected by the issue.

Thuban.cox

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »
Hi,

No proxy at all, I can assure you ;-)
As for the test, I haven't the time to test from another machine and/or account, but uploaded pictures on CIT are showing up in Seninel  :o.
But still, no update for the badges   ???

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
My assumption here is that the calls you are making to talk to the server are at a lower (closer to the hardware) level in the API than the .NET Frameworks that were being used by Glyc, Atomic, and HeroStats. 

Aha. This would be the case, then. Sentinel creates actual TCP sockets rather than working with the built-in Windows HTTP-based interface for web communications. I believe the proxy is a higher level than sockets; it's a feature of the web browser rather than the IP.

uploaded pictures on CIT are showing up in Seninel  :o.

That answers the communications question. Sentinel downloads the images through the same socket interface it uses to submit badge information... *Headscratch*

Thuban.cox

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
so tested from another PC (different OS, different COx installation, fresh install for Sentinel).
same results : connection OK, info OK, pictures OK, but no badges tracking  >:(

more weird
created another account on TNT and try to sync through Sentinel with my COx account : same results  :o :gonk:
no differences in the number of tracked badges.
for information the other account is : "temptest"

the only think I can think of is the language or the server ; I play on Vigilance which is the french server and with the COx client in french, can it be a possibility ?
after verification the badges title in Sentinel are well translated (checked on 2 characters).

edit :

Some more test using herostat
At connection I've received the 33 vet badge.
This badge was tracked by herostat and added to my character (mirargent) on CIT.

Using settitle and herostat, I was able to track the 18 badges of this character.
But on CIT I see 20 badges for him, and one of the additional badges is the 87 vet badge (I'm only 33 yet :)
after checking on CIT, only this character is showing the 87 vet badge, I think it's a bug from the settitle file.

now all my characters are showing more badges (but not all), vet badges of course, but some from other categories than vet.
but still, Sentinel doesn't track my already earned badges from the /info_self command.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:37:57 AM by Thuban.cox »