Author Topic: I am having issues with login  (Read 5392 times)

DIABL0

• Underling
I am having issues with login
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
I can login to forums but not on http://www.cohtitan.com/, CIT or a couple of the other sites. Been away for a long time. Any help will be appreciated.

Update:

I can log into the following also.
Paragon Wiki
Ourobouros Portal
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:24:03 AM by DIABL0 »

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: I am having issues with login
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 05:43:03 PM »
Seems you have the same Username as another Titan Account, this could be why it's only recognizing you for certain Sites and not all.  Sending my findings to Tony and Sekoia to review, one of us will get back to you asap.

DIABL0

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:01:07 PM »
okay. FYI when I do the forgot password on the site http://www.cohtitan.com/

it sends me the email

Hey there DIABL0!

It seems you've requested a new password!

Your username is: DIABL0

but the temp password never works
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:06:35 PM by DIABL0 »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »
The two users have similar but not identical names. One is Diablo with the letter O, the other is Dialb0 with the number zero. So that shouldn't be the issue.

I have manually reset your password, Diabl0. I sent you the new password in an email to the account you have on file. I've tested to ensure it lets you log into the main titan site as well as CIT. (Please change the password once you are able to log in.)

If you still cannot login, try clearing your cache and cookies in your browser. Maybe it's got some confused cookies causing problems preventing it from working.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »
Hmm, no wonder it was only showing one Account each time I searched under Username and the Email.  FF wasn't showing the O vs the 0 difference, they both are showing up as O, I swear. lol.

I thought it was just another one of those display issues I'm used to seeing randomly from our DB.

DIABL0

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:03:56 AM »
Looks like it is working now i had to uncheck one more box in my IE settings then it started working.

The Preserve Favorites website data needed unselected then all temp files cleared.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
I'm having the same issue.  It's been about 425 days since I last logged into CIT, and I requested a new password. It arrived, but is not recognized.

I deleted my temp files, and all cohtitan cookies. I'm running Firefox on Vista.

I pulled up the site in Chrome and was able to change the password. Going back to firefox, I was unable to use the new password for a key, but I did need it to log into the forums..

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
Did you try using the password in Chrome after changing it? Did the changed password work everywhere there?

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »
Yes. It remembers just like I was a real person.  Same with Internet Explorer. It's only Firefox that gives me the issue.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »
I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. Clearing cache and cookies should be making it work, since it's working in other browsers.

Anyone else have any ideas here?

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 09:01:40 PM »
The forum account is disassociated with the Titan key?

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 06:52:04 AM »
I went through and deleted all my COHTITAN related cookies, and now it works in FF.  Maybe I missed some the first time though.

Also, my laptop had the same issue. I had to delete all cookies before it would recognize the change.

Anyway, I'm able to log in now. Thanks for looking into it.

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »
Oddly enough, I had this problem as well, and I've logged into the site as recently as this week. It kept saying I had the wrong username/pass even though I knew the information was correct. It didn't seem to affect my forums account though. I deleted all my cohtitan cookies and then was successfully able to login.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 05:43:15 PM »
This is a (not very but applicably) old thread discussing a problem unrelated to a problem that cropped up in the past two days. Sekoia pushed an update to the site that broke login, including possibly corrupting cookies, then pushed another update that fixed login. It's required to clear cookies and cache to get around the issue.

Discussion is happening in the General forum and CIT forum.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal