Author Topic: hello and help  (Read 4230 times)

purplemanwolf

• Underling
hello and help
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »
on site i have 4 acounts showing up instead of 2 that i have.@purple manwolf and @purple manwolf 2 are my 2 accounts.also have @@purple manwolf and @@purple manwolf 2 showing up.wondering if there is a way to reset this since it is changing badge numbers on toons.hope this is correct place for this problem and ty very much for any help.love the site.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: hello and help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
I'm only coming up with one Account under the Global "@purple manwolf".  Nothing is coming up if I search the others you listed.  Is it possible for you to Link here the CIT URLs of those Profiles that you see?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:58:18 PM »
I'm only coming up with one Account under the Global "@purple manwolf".  Nothing is coming up if I search the others you listed.  Is it possible for you to Link here the CIT URLs of those Profiles that you see?

He's talking about the account field displayed on http://cit.cohtitan.com/manage/global_badges.  This (at least used to) display/be derived from characters.global_name field on a character.

When Glyc/Atomic was around, the global name sent with a character had the @ sign stripped before it hit the service (bad design on my part, I'm sure), and just be added in the display.  I believe that Sentinal doesn't do this, or at least didn't initially.  This would cause the list on the account/global badges page to display @@ on some records.  If you look in badges_by_tn_global, I'm sure you'll see that he's got several accounts listed.

The "pilot" field that is displayed on the character profile, and on the other lists is derived from the accounts table, specifically the "display_name" field.

EDIT: wrong word

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
When Glyc/Atomic was around, the global name sent with a character had the @ sign stripped before it hit the service (bad design on my part, I'm sure), and just be added in the display.  I believe that Sentinal doesn't do this, or at least didn't initially.

Yeah, we found this out the hard way. (-:

Sentinel stopped doing that as of 0.9.2, I think it was.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
I just ran some database queries to strip off the extra @'s on existing data. Unfortunately, as long as people are still using Sentinel 0.9.1 or earlier, more such entries will continue to crop up in the future.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »
I do recall the stripping of the @ and all that, I just wasn't used to looking for Accounts in in the Character Tables.  I limited where I browse for answers to lessen the chance of me screwing something up :P.

Thanks for the insight.

purplemanwolf

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
i still have the @@ and the @ addresses showing up under global account badges and i have the latest sentinel downloaded.so wondering how to fix the situation if possible and also even though you stripped all badges some of my toons did not zero out while most did and i have not logged onto game today.i am not gonna log onto sentinel tracker for today until you let me know if there is a way to clear my account totally of abdge counts and the 4 addresses showing up under global acount badges.thank you again for any and all help

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »
If you're running the latest Sentinel, then I'm not sure why you're still getting @@ addresses. I'll look into it further in a bit.

As for the badge counts, the badge counts were reset yesterday at noon ET. You verified badges on five of your characters at about 2:30 PM ET and 10:15 PM ET yesterday, after the badges were cleared. That's where those counts are coming from, and they should be correct.

EDIT: I added a cronjob that should fix this. You may still see the @@ listings show up if Sentinel updates them with the @ prefix, but they'll get fixed within 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:07:16 PM by Sekoia »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
even though you stripped all badges some of my toons did not zero out while most did

If you look, you may find that the characters you haven't logged in yet who appear to have already verified badges have verified account level badges such as Veteran badges.  (All of my characters indicated 31 badges immediately after I verified my first character yesterday because of this.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

purplemanwolf

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 09:27:19 PM »
thank you for your help all.seems to be fixed now.