Author Topic: Mid's Cheat Sheet  (Read 4745 times)

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
Mid's Cheat Sheet
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:32:11 AM »
Anyone have a cheat sheet for Mid's... like what all the left and right and alt left and alt right and ctrl left and ctrl right clicks do in powers and slots?

We should probably make a Wiki Page for Mid's help.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Mid's Cheat Sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »
Shouldn't make a wiki page (utilities don't get their own pages), SHOULD make a help page for cohplanner.com!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »
The read-me it comes with has a lot of useful information.  ;)

Example:
Swapping out powers
If you click on a green (already selected) power in the power lists on the left, you will remove that power from your build. The entry it took up will become open and the next power you select will be placed into it. You can't select a power that becomes available at a level later than the power entry.

You can also remove a power by alt+clicking on the power bars on the right-hand side of the screen.

Swapping out slots
Enhancement slots can be removed by shift+clicking on them, you can then place the removed slots into another power. Double-clicking a slot will quickly pick it up to be moved somewhere else.

So you're wanting a separate list of what all the key commands are, although they're context-sensitive? :P

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 03:46:31 PM »
The read-me it comes with has a lot of useful information.  ;)

Example:
So you're wanting a separate list of what all the key commands are, although they're context-sensitive? :P

More like a list of things that can be done and the shortcut key to it.

E.g., let's say that I have the Advanced Totals window open and I'm looking at my Defense stats. Now, I want to toggle a power on and off to see how it affects the defense totals. Is there a secret click on a power to do that, or, do I have to keep first switching the tab in the Info Window from Info to Totals and then click on the power?

The .rtf help file is a bit bare bones and could use some user friendly rewrites and FAQs, IMO.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »
Shouldn't make a wiki page (utilities don't get their own pages), SHOULD make a help page for cohplanner.com!

Can we come up with a new namespace to support third party apps, just like the community portal?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 01:07:02 AM »
E.g., let's say that I have the Advanced Totals window open and I'm looking at my Defense stats. Now, I want to toggle a power on and off to see how it affects the defense totals. Is there a secret click on a power to do that, or, do I have to keep first switching the tab in the Info Window from Info to Totals and then click on the power?
Just for S&G, I'm going to answer this (even if you didn't care if it was answered :D ) -- click the circle at the end of the power name strip/bar to toggle powers on (green "light") and off (dark). Since the Totals window has a "stay on top" option, you can toggle powers on and off without even leaving the Totals window.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
Just for S&G, I'm going to answer this (even if you didn't care if it was answered :D ) -- click the circle at the end of the power name strip/bar to toggle powers on (green "light") and off (dark). Since the Totals window has a "stay on top" option, you can toggle powers on and off without even leaving the Totals window.

Thanks!

And... ARG! I'm peeved at myself for not finding that.

Although... as far as interface design, it's odd that when the Totals tab is active, you can click the bar to toggle toggles, but when the Totals tab is not active you can't click the bar, but have to click the little button.

And that's why we could use better documentation!  ;D