Author Topic: Small size of sixth heading  (Read 3749 times)

taosin

• Boss
Small size of sixth heading
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:26:27 AM »
Hey folks,

I'm going through Cpatain Mako's content. I note many of the missions are labelled with heading 6 (Speak with Operative Grillo).

The result is tiny tiny text.

I'm guessing that's 'just the way it is'?

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Small size of sixth heading
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »
Wow, I had no idea that any of the heading levels actually got smaller than normal text. That's... ugly. :P

This can be changed by altering the site-wide CSS. The problem is that we need to determine what to change it to. If we just make it bigger, then the distinction between heading 6 and heading 5 gets lost.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »
Problems with heading sizes? Friends and loved ones at wit's end? Let me introduce you to a five-step program that I discovered and which turned my life around:

1) Determine the smallest desired size of heading text
2) Set the h6 value to that size
3) Find the smallest existing heading (h1, h2, etc.) that's already a good size
4) Scale down the remaining heading sizes linearly going towards h6
5) Kick back in a La-Z-Boy, crack open a cold one, and enjoy life to the fullest

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
I didn't know we were using heading 6 for anything.  Is that a mistake, or do we need to edit the CSS?

CmdrAdeon

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:39:24 PM »
Well in the case of mission text it's being caused by a contact that has the following:
1. Multiple story arcs that have different ranges
2. A mission within that arc that has sub-missions

This means it needs to use heading 6 to show up correctly in the TOC. However I would think changing Heading6 to look the same as Heading5 would be a possible solution that would preserve the TOC without looking silly.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »
Fixed: I scaled up h4, h5, and h6 so that h6 is 100%. I tried to keep the proportional intervals across h3-h6 the same as they were previously.

You'll need to clear/bypass your brower's cache to see changes (typically CTRL-F5 works).

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »
Hey all,

Excellent outcomes, as always    :)

I agree Heading Six is rarely used; and when it is used I think it's always worth looking at the structure and seeing if there's an underlying issue.

FYI: In the case of Captain Mako I will likely merge the "Story Arc" and "Level" Headings when I get to the end of my content audit, thus making the deepest level 5.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 05:00:57 AM »
Fixed: I scaled up h4, h5, and h6 so that h6 is 100%. I tried to keep the proportional intervals across h3-h6 the same as they were previously.

You'll need to clear/bypass your brower's cache to see changes (typically CTRL-F5 works).

It's not fixed for the "Modern" style sheet.

Speaking of style sheets, anyone know the arcane css coding that would put an extra space between sections? I hate how the sections have the same spacing as paragraphs do. It just doesn't look right and makes 'seeing' sections as sections difficult.