Author Topic: Autofill powers for Kheldians  (Read 3116 times)

ricochet

  • Underling
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Autofill powers for Kheldians
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
Just noticed something interesting. Not *quite* sure how this came about, other than maybe just having a character captured without powersets while checking the market or something.

My CIT profile shows 15 warshades. OK, good. Now I look over at the powerset usage, and Umbral Blast/Aura show... 12 each. The same holds true for my Peacebringers, but there's only one character difference (8/7.) I know it's not an assumption that can be done with other ATs but in this case shouldn't these just be auto-counted?

(It's a minor thing, absolutely - it just looks odd.)

GuyPerfect

  • Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,740
Re: Autofill powers for Kheldians
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:44:53 PM »
CIT was set up in a rather vague and generic way, and Kheldian powersets fall into the same category as their Origins. "Wow, 100% of all Warshades are Science! Aren't you glad we have a database for this!?"

It doesn't seem unreasonable to automatically fill in the powerset and origin details for Kheldians, though. I'll bring it up in discussions during CIT's revisions.

SaintNicster

  • Elite Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 865
Re: Autofill powers for Kheldians
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:30:56 PM »
CIT was set up in a rather vague and generic way, and Kheldian powersets fall into the same category as their Origins. "Wow, 100% of all Warshades are Science! Aren't you glad we have a database for this!?"

It doesn't seem unreasonable to automatically fill in the powerset and origin details for Kheldians, though. I'll bring it up in discussions during CIT's revisions.

Kheldian powersets were automatically assigned by Glycerine/HeroStats/Atomic themselves, previously.


patteroast

  • Minion
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Rawr
    • Patteroast.net (Detailed CoX character list)
Re: Autofill powers for Kheldians
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »
"Wow, 100% of all Warshades are Science! Aren't you glad we have a database for this!?"

Is there something done that could prevent weird impossible results from ending up on CIT? Because the statistics page right now says that only 99% of Warshades are science, with the other origins covering the remaining 1%.  :P

In a similar vein, there's always been a few oddball things on the statistics page for any archetype. Five Blasters report having Willpower, for example.  ;D

Sekoia

  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,834
Re: Autofill powers for Kheldians
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:40:41 PM »
Yikes! We definitely don't want that oddball data lingering around. Maybe I can add a periodic job that goes through and does sanity checks on some of the data. I'll add this to my long, long list of things to eventually look at, but it'll probably be a while before I get to it.