Author Topic: Can't log into CiT website  (Read 11905 times)

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
Can't log into CiT website
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
It appears something happened that I can't log into CIT website.  I keep pressing the login button after putting in the name and password and it just opens up the same page to put in my name and password again without anything else.  I went to the leaderboard page and it says this:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/character.php

Line Number: 17

I hope that is helpful in figuring out what went wrong.  Oh, and I can log in everywhere else on CoHTitan  pages.

@Sir Giles/Fiery Transfer
Sir Giles

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Can't log into CiT website
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:57:23 PM »
If I recall correctly, Sekoia mentioned earlier today (or last night) that the set of changes that are about to be pushed to the live site fix an issue with logging in or out.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I can't wait for the new update and how it looks!

Sir Giles

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »
The changes are now live. You may need to clear your cookies before you can successfully log in, though. Sorry for the hassle!

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
I can indeed log in and things are looking good!

Sir Giles

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:00:16 PM »
Now I can't log in.

Only getting a "Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again." message on http://cit.cohtitan.com/login/

All browsing history was cleared, and this was tried on IE 8.0.7600.16385CO, FF 3.6.13, Chrome 11.0.686.0 (dev channel)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
All browsing history was cleared,

Just to confirm, does that mean you also cleared cookies and not just your browsing history? Specifically, the cit_session cookie for cit.cohtitan.com and cohtitan.com must be deleted if present.

Could please you try using Incognito mode and see if it lets you log in that way?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »
Just to confirm, does that mean you also cleared cookies and not just your browsing history? Specifically, the cit_session cookie for cit.cohtitan.com and cohtitan.com must be deleted if present.

Could please you try using Incognito mode and see if it lets you log in that way?
Everything blown away.  History, cache, cookies, session data.

Incognito mode produces the same results.

SirJahn

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »
I have the same issue as SaintNickster.  Cleared cookies go to login window accepts valid login but does not log you in.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »
The username is case sensitive. Can you verify that you're typing your usernames as "SaintNicster" and "SirJahn", respectively? It may be that the username was previously case insensitive.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »
case sensitivity did it :(

Seeing as how this hadn't mattered before, you may want to make sure that the sites are consistent.  None of the other sites appear to be case sensitive.

SirJahn

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 08:34:42 PM »
I did respect case sensitivity and put in SirJahn - no joy.  It acts like it accepts the login password with no error but will not go to the City Tracker site.  Is there a pop-up involved at that point?

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 08:39:38 PM »
I just pushed a change to live that makes usernames case insensitive again. (The change to case sensitivity was inadvertent.)

SirJahn, I'm not sure I'm following what's happening for you. After you go to http://cit.cohtitan.com/login/ and enter your user/pass, what URL do you end up at as the next step? (And nope, there's no pop-ups involved.)

SirJahn

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »
I stay at the same url http://cit.cohtitan.com/login as I started with.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 08:55:16 PM »
Clear your cookies again.  He fixed it back from case-sensitive, and I had to clear/log in again to get saintnicster to work again.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »
Doh! It didn't occur to me that it'd require another round of cookie clearing, but yeah, it does. Thanks, SaintNicster.

SirJahn

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
Still no joy - now I get an error message saying that no username or password was applied.  Yes it is the correct login and password - tried both with and without case.  Yes I cleared the cookies and verified the deletion of any cookie with TITAN in the text.  I have added the site to safe list for pop up blocker to no effect.

Specific error message is Username or Password were not supplied. Please try again

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
SirJahn - What browser and browser version are you using?

Are you submitting by hitting "Enter" or by clicking "Log In"? If you haven't tried both, give the other a try and see what happens. It shouldn't make a difference, but you never know.

SirJahn

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
This is my work computer and is working on a military net.  I am using IE 8.0.6.001 I have clicked on the login button and hit return with no difference in the results.  I suspect the Army Golden Master has something set that prevents whatever is needed to launch CIT from a Titan login, but that might just be paranoia.

kferrare

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
The changes are now live. You may need to clear your cookies before you can successfully log in, though. Sorry for the hassle!

I'm unable to log in still.  I've even reset the password twice.  I cleared cookies after reading these posts.  Still nothing.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »
I just changed a setting on the back end. Can you try again and see if it lets you log in now?

missdreamer

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »
i have had similar problems since last night, tried IE cleared cookies and it worked fine, just unable to use it on Chrome now  (ok scratch that i have just tried again and its all sorted  :-[ )

SirJahn

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »
Still no luck this morning on logging in to CIT.  Works from home just not from work.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
SirJahn - Try using Explorer's "InPrivate Browsing" mode and see if that'll let you log in from work. If not, could it maybe be a network issue? Since it's working for you from home, there's nothing I can do on the CIT side of things.

For anyone else with this problem: First thing to try is clearing your cookies and cache. However, it's sounding like some sort of setting or cookie is somehow lingering despite clearing cookies. I have no idea how. But please try one or more of the following if you are unable to log in after clearing your cookies:

1. If you have access to another computer, try logging in from it. (If it doesn't work, try clearing cookies/cache and try again.)

2. If you have other browsers on your computer, try logging in with each of them. (If it doesn't work, try clearing cookies/cache and try again.)

3. Try using your browser's private browsing mode: "InPrivate Browsing" for Explorer, "Private Browsing" for Firefox and Opera, or "Incognito" for Chrome.

If any of the above three items work for you, then that suggests that the problem is some sort of stuck cookie or setting in the browser that isn't working. The best advice I can offer is to try clearing all cookies, cache, etc. If that doesn't work, I'm honestly not sure what else can be done other than waiting and seeing if it eventually fixes itself. (If anyone else has any insights, please chime in!)

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »
I had the same recurring problem, with a brand-new-tonight download of the latest Firefox (3.6.14).  Clearing all cookies and cache didn't work.

Clearing absolutely everything -- all boxes checked, time set to "everything" -- DID work.  Killed all my links in my dropdown menu, which I've been using instead  of bookmarks, and logged me out of every forum in existence, requiring a chancy game of remembering passwords and e-mail accounts.  I've probably lost access to something permanently.  But it worked.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:57 AM »
I really, really wish I knew what it was that needs to be cleared outside of cookies and cache so that people could just clear that. :(

For those who are still struggling with log-in, please consider clearing absolutely everything to see if that works.

themagdalenafan

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 05:19:16 AM »
Just did the update to Firefox 3.6.14 as well and was getting the "no username or password was applied" error message. Went to Clear Recent History, set it to Everything, checked only Cookies and Cache. Hit Clear Now, refreshed my browser and I was able to log in fine. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Jumpstar

• Underling
    • Pens & Swords
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 06:09:23 AM »
I can log in, but I'm having to log in every single time. Not sure why it isn't storing/saving my info. I'm logged in to Titan Network and forums, but I browse over to CIT and I have to log in again.  :P
"You'll get a kick out of this." - Jumpstar
"You can't escape the long arm of the law." - Officer Longarm

My Heroes
League of Champions

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:18 AM »
I can log in, but I'm having to log in every single time. Not sure why it isn't storing/saving my info. I'm logged in to Titan Network and forums, but I browse over to CIT and I have to log in again.  :P

I changed a setting, hopefully it'll stop forgetting logins now.

BattlerockX

• Minion
    • Battlerock Comics
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 01:58:49 PM »
I had the same problem, and I cleared out all of the cookies that had "COH" in them.  Thankfully that did the trick.  It's a good thing I checked the forums.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
I had the same problem, and I cleared out all of the cookies that had "COH" in them.  Thankfully that did the trick.

Those who are still having login issues, please try doing the above and see if it helps.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 06:28:43 PM »
I just made (another) change on the backend that may help. The change will immediately log out all logged-in users. However, it should allow everybody (even those experiencing issues) to now login again.

Those who were struggling, please let me know if you have any success now.