Author Topic: What is low-hanging fruit?  (Read 4476 times)

Sailboat

• Boss
What is low-hanging fruit?
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:20:24 PM »
What are these links for when looking at my individual characters?

Low-Hanging Fruit | In-Game Comparison

I seem to see the same or similar badges listed as "low-hanging fruit" for all my characters and I don't recall noticing the list change.  I would have expected a link with that name to list the easiest badges to pick up based on some criteria, but since my heroside characters seem to have villainside exploration badges listed as "low-hanging fruit," that would seem unlikely.

How is the information these links provide used?

Thanks!

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: What is low-hanging fruit?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
I think you have the right idea for what low-hanging fruit is supposed to be.

When Going Rogue hit, we had to flip all badges to be available to both heroes and villains, and that is why you're seeing the villain exploration badges. At some point, we'll need to reassess the Low-Hanging Fruit feature and how it works. It's one of a long, long list of things that need to be updated.

In the mean time, it's probably not going to be nearly as useful as one might home.   :-\

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »
I believe the algorithm used to generate that Low-Hanging Fruit list is that it queries how many people have each of the badges you don't, then sorts them in descending order based on how many people have them. The logic is that if lots of other people have the badge, it must be easier to get.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:47:45 AM »