Author Topic: Search feature is sorta borked :(  (Read 9027 times)

Sparky925

• Underling
Search feature is sorta borked :(
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:51:46 AM »
When doing a search that results in multiple pages, clicking the links for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc pages will return you to the main search page.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Search feature is sorta borked :(
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »
Can you give us a specific example of what you searched for to generate these results?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »
I just did a search for "X" and 56 Pages came up, all of which worked fine no matter what I clicked.  I was using FF 3.6.13, could you perhaps also give us the Browser name and Version in addition to what you were searching?

Sparky925

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
It's not just a specific example. Every search I try that yields more than one page gives me the same problem. The first one I was looking for was "Blood". But then I tried other stuff like just looking up "g" or "a" they all returned the same issue. I'm trying that with Maxthon version: 2.5.15.1000 and FireFox Version: 3.6.15 and Internet Explorer: 8.0.6.0001.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
Just tried it again with Firefox 3.6.13 then updated to 3.6.15 as well as tested IE 8.0.6.0001, no issues that I could see, all clicks worked as they were meant to.

When was the last time you cleared your Cookies and History for these Browsers?  I can't place my finger on anything else that would cause this sort of issue for one individual and not another, other than the Browser using expired Cookies or old History links which impact new items from loading properly.

Also, not that I think it has anything to do with anything, but were logged into the Faces Site when performing these searches?

Sparky925

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 06:04:59 AM »
Just tried it again with Firefox 3.6.13 then updated to 3.6.15 as well as tested IE 8.0.6.0001, no issues that I could see, all clicks worked as they were meant to.

When was the last time you cleared your Cookies and History for these Browsers?  I can't place my finger on anything else that would cause this sort of issue for one individual and not another, other than the Browser using expired Cookies or old History links which impact new items from loading properly.

Just tried it again right now. Cleared all my cookies and temp files. Still same issue.

Also, not that I think it has anything to do with anything, but were logged into the Faces Site when performing these searches?

Yeah, I was/am.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 04:27:52 PM »
I've been able to replicate this.  I have a suspicion what might be going on.  I'm going to post a follow-up message in our Development forum, as I think it might be a back-end problem.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »
Apparently this is related to being logged in or not, because when not logged in, it all works.

Man, the one time I think logging in wouldn't make a difference, it does....

Thanks for bringing this issue to light Sparky, we are not working on it.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »
... we are not working on it.
Taz is totally lying, we are too working on it!  ;D
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
/e_facepalm

HA!  "not" was not supposed to be in there....holy crap I didn't proof-read. :gonk:

Thanks for catching that Agg :P...and sorry about that.

Sparky925

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
Sorry I haven't checked back in for so long. I've been having issues with my Titan Network account till TonyV helped me fix it :D.
I'm glad this issue has been identified. Hope a fix comes up soon for this :)