Author Topic: Verfied Badge Count Error?  (Read 4215 times)

Sailboat

• Boss
Verfied Badge Count Error?
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:47:37 PM »
Not sure if this should be a separate topic from the Sentinel issues.

Was getting the weird issues with Sentinel today (no character picture for active character, etc.) and came to forums to see if it was a reported issue.  Also noticed I had 207 badges in-game but 214 listed in City Info Tracker. 

Tried the "update now" button but nothing happened -- maybe it's up-to-date.  I closed and restarted Sentinel as that thread recommended.

Now I have the character pic showing -- but CIT badge list jumped to 228 "verified" badges.  In-game, the character still has 207.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Verfied Badge Count Error?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:35:46 PM »
Just for the sake of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to have any idea what some of the 21 extra badges are, would you?

It's possible that you might have inadvertently verified badges from a different character with this character.  If you quit to Character Selection instead of Login, Sentinel doesn't always detect the change in characters right away and might add badges detected on one character to the character you just logged out of.

(I think this is addressed in the next version of Sentinel, but we still need to finish getting CIT and the webservice restructured to accommodate the new Sentinel capabilities.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »
Without going through the entire list, I can't see offhand what's extra.  I did immediately start badging after switching to this character, so that's probably what happened.

Do I need to delete the character entry and recreate it (including my picture) to fix this?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 03:26:10 AM »
If you just want to delete the badges instead of the character, you'll notice a check box at the top of each badge category on the Manage Badges page.  You can click the box at the top of the category on the right to select all the badges in that category and click the "Remove Badges" button to clear the category out.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:52:56 AM »
I took that advice and did so.  But now /info_self doesn't seem to be re-adding them automatically -- I thought it did?

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 01:46:54 AM »
Ah, today /info_self fixed it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 02:04:43 AM »
Ah, good.  We've seen some strange behavior with Sentinel recently.  From the information I can find, I can only assume at this point that the oddities are related to some fundamental changes made to the game client that we haven't sniffed out yet.  A few are related to improvements we've already made for Sentinel 1.0, but we need to finish updating CIT and the webservice that sits between Sentinel and CIT before we can roll the new Sentinel out.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 02:26:04 AM »
Had this same issue myself.  I tried to track down which badges didn't belong but decided I'd be better off deleting the character on CIT and start from scratch.  Sentinel is detecting all my badges properly when I do /info_self, but they're not adding on CIT.  Am I just screwed until Sentinel 1.0 comes out?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 03:35:57 AM »
I know we have an issue right now with the script on CIT that adds badges manually.  I don't know if this is directly related.  I'm hoping that you'll be set when that fix rolls to the live servers.  (It's currently being tested in our development area.)  I'm not sure what Keen's ETA on delivering the changes to live is at the moment.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 07:35:46 PM »
With the new changes that were pushed live today, could you try again and see if the problem has been fixed?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
This problem, or some version of it, continues to bedevil me.

Stray duplicates of some characters occurred in my list some time back.  They were undeletable for a time (days or weeks) although I finally have been able to delete them recently.  Today I noticed the character I am playing had TWICE the number of badges the game says (in-game:232, in CIT, 464).  I deleted all my badges manually and hit /info_self.

/Info_self is not working AGAIN.

So far I do not see any other characters with double badges.  Not really sure what's going on.  I have 0.9.3.

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 07:01:42 PM »
I was able to have Sentinel send the badge data of one of my characters, previously with zero badges. Here's what I did:

• Started the game and logged into a character;
  • Started Sentinel after the character zoned in;
  • Hit /info_self and waited for about a minute to Sentinel to send data;
  • Checked the character profile on CIT and all the badge info was there.

You might want to check if Sentinel is properly sending data to CIT. There are a couple circumstances where this sometimes won't happen, like starting Sentinel while the character is still zoning, or having Sentinel running for long hours or with stuck processes in Task Manager. (These are likely to be addressed in the next version of Sentinel.)

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)

PsychicG

• Minion
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:11 AM »
What I'm assuming must be the logout to character select error hit a handful of my characters last night. CIT is reporting my main who started hero, went vigilante, and not yet villain has rogue badges etc(20+ extra), I switched from him to a rogue last night so I guess that's when it happened.

Edit: While manually deleted ranges of badges from CIT to be re-scanned I found a bug;
manually deleting badges from an online character from CIT while Sentinel is running will cause Sentinel to not resend the deleted badges when it sends info(after a /infoself), until Sentinel is closed and restarted.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:19:40 PM by PsychicG »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »
(Answering for Guy since he's on vacation.)

That's somewhat less a bug and more intentional.  In order to reduce the resources consumed by Sentinel, if it thinks it's already reported a badge, it won't send the info again unless you either close and restart Sentinel or log the character out and back in to clear its list of detected badges.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin