Author Topic: Duplicate Characters  (Read 2969 times)

Cinnder

• Boss
Duplicate Characters
« on: April 24, 2011, 05:33:05 AM »
Hiya folks,

I don't think this has been reported already; if so, I apologise in advance.

I've noticed recently that I can be running a character sometimes that is already in CIT, yet Sentinel won't show his picture, and when I go to CIT I see two copies of that character: one with the picture but an old badge count; one with no picture but the correct current badge count.

This was puzzling me for days, until I noticed that the non-pic but correct badge count version had the wrong server listed.  I tend to play either Infinity or Virtue, and the problem seems to crop up when I start playing a character on one server then Quit to Login and change servers.  Sentinel/CIT seems to think that I'm still on the original server, so it creates a new copy of my character and stops tracking the badges on the correct character.

For example, I log on to Cinnder on Infinity and play a mish or two.  Then I decide to play my MM Lepreh Con on Virtue so I Quit to Login Screen and switch.  Sentinel shows a blank for Lepreh's picture, and CIT now shows a Lepreh Con on Infinity with no pic but with the correct number of badges, listed next to the Virtue version of Lepreh Con with pic but with an outdated badge count.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Duplicate Characters
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 07:33:35 AM »
This is an issue with how Sentinel currently captures character data. As far as I know, it is fixed in Sentinel 1.0, but that version cannot be released until CIT has been updated to reflect the changes made to Sentinel (and to the game!)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:20 AM »
Cool.  Just wanted to make sure it was a known issue.  :)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:09:14 AM »
This is an issue with how Sentinel currently captures character data. As far as I know, it is fixed in Sentinel 1.0, but that version cannot be released until CIT has been updated to reflect the changes made to Sentinel (and to the game!)

Spoilers?
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:46:05 AM »
Spoilers?
Being able to track alignments properly (close to being completed), tracking your builds better, lots and lots of stuff.

Edited by GuyPerfect:
Okay, part of that was a little cat-out-of-bag style early.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:28:03 AM by GuyPerfect »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal