Author Topic: Incarnate Component Conversion  (Read 3589 times)

Astartus

• Underling
Incarnate Component Conversion
« on: May 31, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »
Since a few days I'm now a (until now) happy owner of the Going Rogue edition, and slowly try to get myself into the Incarnate system.

I have tried to get as much informations as possible beforehand and learnd about the Incarnate Shards, but had to discover that there are also the Incarnate Threads and that they are partially a parallel way to also create Alpha Slot abilities.

Now using the Incarnate Ability window ingame has shown that there is a myrriad of options to upgrade, convert, downgrade or even sidegrade incarnate components and merits and I wanted to ask if it could be possible to create 1 single Wiki page showing all possible conversions (maybe even graphical)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Incarnate Component Conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
It would be possible, sure, yes. But it would also be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
o.o what Aggelakis said.

we could put it in quasi tables with what does what into what, but it would end up feeling a bit like the tax forms for a mad scientist lab.

>.> and.. well.. while a graphical map of what where how and such is doable, and even sometimes fun, it would end up looking a bit like this example:

o.o not to mention, shouldn't really be done until the incarnate system is all in. We still have 5 more slots and 1 more type of salvage set coming, so we'd have to redo the chart wholesale a couple times.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sleepy! Hear me Yawn!

o.o reachable at: My Paragonwiki Page

Arc-Mage

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 03:30:35 PM »
mmmmm....Pork.
Sometimes you just gotta say; The laws of time and space...who gives a smeg.

CmdrAdeon

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »
I agree that a full up list of all conversions would be highly impractical but it should be possible to at least create a page that lists the "meta-conversions". There are only 10 basic "salvage types" (basic, common, uncommon, rare, very rare each of which is either thread based or shard based) and within a particular category the side grade and downgrade conversions are almost identical.

I think a good model to use would actually be something like this from the TF2 wiki:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Crafting

Let me give this a bit more thought, one complaint I've seen several times in game is that the wiki lacks practical information in terms of a practical "this is how you make incarnate things" guide so I'd quite like to add something.