Author Topic: Linking Character profile in CIT to Coh Faces Profile  (Read 3009 times)

Neoatticus

• Underling
Linking Character profile in CIT to Coh Faces Profile
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:04:36 AM »
I'm sort of new to the Titan Network. I've noticed a lot of profiles in COH Faces have hyperlinks to their character accounts in CIT. I was wondering how I could do that with my profiles.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Linking Character profile in CIT to Coh Faces Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »
You have to have a Faces Account, which you can do just by visiting the CoHFaces website and logging in with your Titan Login.  Then click "Edit Profile" and scroll down till you see the section under "Gamer Info".  So long as your Character exists in the CIT database under your CIT Account and is flagged as your Main Hero / Villain, the name you enter into the Main Hero / Villain Sections will then Hyperlink as you have seen.

That should work, however, please post back here to let us know if it did or not.

Neoatticus

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »
Sadly it didn't work. I made sure the spelling was identical as was capitalization...what am I doing wrong...

Here's links to my characters:
http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/120069
http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/120088

And my profile link:

http://faces.cohtitan.com/profile/Neoatticus/

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:51:06 PM »
You don't need to do anything to your faces profile.

Go to the "Edit character" page (in CIT) for the character you want to show up on your faces page.

Go to the section marked "Project Setting".  The only setting in that section is "Flag Character as:" with a dropdown next to it. 
Select one of the values in that drop down, then click the "submit changes" button at the bottom of the change. 
Note that you can currently only list one hero and one villain as a main.  If you set another as a main, the flag will be removed from the old character.

If you've done it right, and it is working, your character list will do one of two things:
*  if you are on the "full list", the character will be separated into distinct sections
* If you are on the "text list", the character will have moved up to the top of the list, and will have a little badge to the left of the character name. 

Once you see either of these, the character should be linked on your faces profile.

EDIT: clarification

Neoatticus

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »
Thanks. That did the trick. I appreciate the help.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »
Sorry about that, the way I mentioned was how I recalled doing it and it worked.

Thank you SN for clarifying that the Faces part of my instructions were not necessary and elaborating on the CIT Instructions.