Author Topic: */Time  (Read 3318 times)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
*/Time
« on: August 30, 2011, 12:45:41 AM »
I realize it's too soon to expect a working update for the in-beta powersets, but does anyone have an appropriate analog that can be used for slotting purposes? I'm sure the 'real numbers' won't be even close, but I'd like to have something to help me decide what slots go where for the time being. I am going to muddle through a powerset comparison right now, but I was curious to see who's beat me to it.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
Re: */Time
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
Just a thought, but has anyone Tried to import the new AT's from Sentinal?
Find me on Homecoming:

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:14:16 AM »
unless theyve changed the DB editor in mids since GR came out id say it wouldnt be any harder than it was with dual pistols.

as for importing the data chunk from sentinal into mids id say its safe to assume that it likely wouldnt work, because if sentinal could actually put the new powerset into the export file, mids wouldnt have anything to assign those values to from the file your trying to import and also even if sentinal could export the sets id still think mids couldnt assign them to anything.
(im guessing you meant powersets as opposed to ATs)

*disclaimer* this is all just educated speculation, but i have been known to be wrong lol

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
Before exporting from Sentinel, Sentinel would first have to be able to detect a character.  On the beta server, this would require a 2100.201108240246.1.0 Sentinel manifest file.  But manifest files are only generated for releases to live servers.

So Sentinel can't detect characters on the Beta server.

Further, in order to create the data chunk for Mids, Sentinel needs an updated set of rules for exporting to Mids.  And the data necessary to generate that file comes from Mids.  So, until Mids is *officially* updated, you won't be able to export from Sentinel and import to Mids.

As far as editing the database goes... well, there's a known issue related to that at the moment.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 04:38:35 AM »
Yeah I tried the Sentinal loadup and realized that it wouldn't Know to look for the right server, etc as it also never realized I had the game running.
Find me on Homecoming: