Author Topic: Mids' Hero Designer v1.95  (Read 10272 times)

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Mids' Hero Designer v1.95
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:31:03 AM »

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Re: Mids' Hero Designer v1.95
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
I just replaced the file on the server with one that fixes a couple bugs (the Kheldian crashes and the Blaster Dark Blast Aim and Soul Drain bugs). So redownload the file from the server, reinstall, and be merry!

Krypton Rules!

• Underling
Re: Mids' Hero Designer v1.95 - ack bugs ack get them off me
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:32:20 PM »
Hooray for Diellan and team!!!  ;D ;D

and now, the ickiness... :o

I'm getting errors for Mids v1.95 when I try and install on a Windows 7 system...
a) as Administrator
and
b) saving to my D: drive where my games are located, not to C:\Program Files.
Specifically,
"Error: Opening file for writing:

D:\Mids Hero Designer\base.dll  (and)
D:\Mids Hero Designer\Hero Designer.exe (and)
D:\Mids Hero Designer\midsControls.dll"
and then, concommitant errors (error has occurred when reading the stream.  Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.) and something else about Maths...

(10 mins later) ...wow.  just on a fluke, I decided to install to my E: drive...everything is up and flying now.  Very...odd.  (thumbs up) Launch is a go, Mids looks pretty with the new powers in there.  Thank you D and team!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:43:22 PM by Krypton Rules! »

LineNoise

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:05:50 PM »
Zomg, new Mids!  Win!

I'm getting some errors with the pop-ups not display all of the enhancement values correctly.  I can workaround by using the Enhance tab on the main info box, but it's definitely slower.  Also, the Enhance tab is showing some weirdness as well, giving me the "Pre-ED" percentages on some values that are nowhere near ED thresholds, like 40% Acc.  And it seems that the values that aren't showing right in the popup tend to be the same ones that are showing weird ED stuff.  So, related issues.

Also, I finally put my money where my mouth is, so you've got $20 for beer money while you work on Mids 2.0.   Thank you all for all the work on the best tool we've ever had for building our beloved toons.  ^_^

bpphantom

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:15:29 PM »
Thanks to the whole team for getting this out.  All that "picking powers as I levelled" thing was getting old fast ;)

Thanks again.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:18:38 AM »
Like mentioned before, so long as I have something that helps me slot out builds, then I'm golden :-p.

P.S: Enjoy that "I won't be here after tuesday" stuff ;-)
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

SceneGG

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:39:45 AM »
Loving the new Mids. Thanks hugely, I felt lost trying to play my claws/energy brute without knowing how to slot for the new changes.

A note on the new energy changes; I noticed that Mids sets Entropic Aura's -recharge to effect self as well as targets, and the number of targets bar is missing - is this working as intended?

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
Re: Mids' Hero Designer v1.95 - ack bugs ack get them off me
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 12:17:43 PM »
You rule Diellan, a million thanks.

I'm getting errors for Mids v1.95 when I try and install on a Windows 7 system...
a) as Administrator
and
b) saving to my D: drive where my games are located, not to C:\Program Files.
Specifically,
"Error: Opening file for writing:

D:\Mids Hero Designer\base.dll  (and)
D:\Mids Hero Designer\Hero Designer.exe (and)
D:\Mids Hero Designer\midsControls.dll"
and then, concommitant errors (error has occurred when reading the stream.  Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.) and something else about Maths...

(10 mins later) ...wow.  just on a fluke, I decided to install to my E: drive...everything is up and flying now.  Very...odd.  (thumbs up) Launch is a go, Mids looks pretty with the new powers in there.  Thank you D and team!
I had that too, but for me it was just an instance of the builder running in the background (yours was probably stuck on "Repo unreachable" popup window which doesn't show up on taskbar, like mine), which installing elsewhere circumvented.
Yeeessss....

Spar

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
Having problems with the new update.  Sorry if this is the wrong place.  When I close out the app and then load it again, the 5th powers from the travel pools are missing, as are the new powersets and any recent proliferations.  Mids says I'm updated using 1.95 but the database doesn't seem so.  Would this have anything to do with the program files issue on windows?

Edit: Running as Administrator gives a temporary fix.

Installing out side of Program Files did the trick.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:27:41 AM by Spar »

CyberDragonEX13

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 04:01:18 AM »
Another thing that I found with the new update was if you select the speed power pool with a Kheldian build the entire install breaks forcing me to quit. To make matters worse when I reopen the program it tells me it's downloaded a patch that needs to be applied...only it didn't and there wasn't which causes another error and quits requiring me to entirely forcing me to reinstall the program.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
Just thought I'd say that on my work computer (windows XP service pack 3) and at home (windows vista) Mids' has so far worked fantastically.  Probably not what the people having problems want to hear, but just thought you guys would want to know it works properly for at least one person...
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Moonlighter

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 04:06:57 AM »

Thanks for the update. You guys rock.

Now some bugs:

~ If you subtract a slot from a power using Ctrl Click the build breaks. You can't add the slot to powers even though the UI says you have a slot left and you can't add further powers.

~ The power tooltips are missing enhancement values; usually the first and last. The enhancement titles appear but have no values. This is the tooltip only and not in the enhancement screen. (I use the tooltips for enhancement value so I can keep the Info panel open for powers.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »
~ If you subtract a slot from a power using Ctrl Click the build breaks. You can't add the slot to powers even though the UI says you have a slot left and you can't add further powers.
Sounds like you're in level-up mode. Switch to dynamic, next to the name input field.

~ The power tooltips are missing enhancement values; usually the first and last. The enhancement titles appear but have no values. This is the tooltip only and not in the enhancement screen. (I use the tooltips for enhancement value so I can keep the Info panel open for powers.
Known issue and I believe fixed internally.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

cybermitheral

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
All you Mids guys (and girls?) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  :)

But work is never done.
The Musculature Radial Alpha is reversing the ToHit Debuff bonus with Dark/ and /Dark.

On my Defender my Dark Blast (slotted with Thunderstrikes) provides -9.38% ToHit by default.
When I turn on the Musculature Radial which provides a
Increases... To Hit Debuff effects by 20%.
the value shows as -7.62% (which isnt 20% either up or down).
It should be -11.26 (11.256)%.

There is no ED bypass as that power is not slotted with any To Hit Debuff enhancements.

Just something to add to your list :P

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
That one is already marked off my list.  :P