Author Topic: Badges Showing up as Wrong Alignment  (Read 13066 times)

gideon

• Underling
Badges Showing up as Wrong Alignment
« on: October 08, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »
For the badges that have different names depending on your hero/villain status (freedom/covert operator, patriot/international spy are two main examples) CIT seems to be calculating which title it should use based on your AT, rather than your actual alignment, as my formerly villain only AT's on heroside, (brutes/corruptors/masterminds) all show the villain name for those badges. Which, considering they were created as heroes in the first place (a la I21) seems a bit off.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Badges Showing up as Wrong Alignment
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:14:42 PM »
As a side note, I also noticed that when I view your Public Character List, the thumbnails for characters without custom images still seem to be determined by alignment assumed by AT rather than actual detected alignment.

But you are correct.  When I view the Character Profile for Clock Dancing, I see International Spy under Exploration Badges despite the fact that the detected alignment is Hero.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
The badge titles issue is currently being worked on.

Eventually, everything in CIT that uses AT to calculate alignment is going to be properly addressed, over time. This also includes how CIT handles thumbnails for characters without custom images.

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)

MisterRik

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 03:02:51 AM »
Any progress on this? Since I'm on a Mac and the Sentinel tool appears to be Windows-only (correct me if I missed something), I'm having to enter badges manually and this misalignment is making it rather difficult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 03:26:54 AM »
Any progress on this? Since I'm on a Mac and the Sentinel tool appears to be Windows-only (correct me if I missed something), I'm having to enter badges manually and this misalignment is making it rather difficult.
Have you edited your character's alignment in your Character Details?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

MisterRik

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:21:28 AM »
Have you edited your character's alignment in your Character Details?
Yup. And my Brutes are all getting the "Villain" badge list, regardless of actual alignment.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:22:52 AM »
Interesting.  I just changed one of my Brute's alignment to Hero and was also seeing only villain badge names displayed for her.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

MisterRik

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »
Out of curiosity, since I've only been playing the game since Sept. 2011, were certain ATs originally restricted to either hero-only or villain-only? That's what gideon's original post seems to imply.

While I haven't tried to enter badges for every single one of my characters, here's where I've run into this problem so far:

Psychosa, Villain, Psychic Blast/Mental Manipulation Blaster: http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/132113

Teardrop, Hero, Super Strength/Invulnerability Brute: http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/131889
White Orchid, Hero, Energy Melee/Energy Aura Brute: http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/131892
Cerebolt, Hero, Mind Control/Electricity Assault Controller: http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/131920

The quickest way I've found to determine if my hero is getting the villain badge list is to look for the Freedom badge on the Exploration list.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, since I've only been playing the game since Sept. 2011, were certain ATs originally restricted to either hero-only or villain-only? That's what gideon's original post seems to imply.
Yes, they were.  Blasters, Controllers, Defenders, Scrappers, Tankers were the original 5 ATs at the launch of City of Heroes.  Kheldians (Peacebringers and Warshades) were added later.  When City of Villains launched, Brutes, Corruptors, Dominators, Masterminds, and Stalkers were added to the game as Villain-only ATs and the existing ATs were Hero-only.  VEATs (Arachnos Soldiers and Arachnos Widows) were added as Villain-only ATs later.  It wasn't until the launch of Going Rogue and the introduction of the Alignment system that characters were given the ability to switch sides from their initial origin.  And it wasn't until the launch of CoH Freedom that we were given the ability to choose any AT during character creation outside of Praetoria.

It looks like somewhere along the line after we got the side-switching implemented, we might have stumbled into another hurdle with the CIT code from before Going Rogue.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
And it wasn't until the launch of CoH Freedom that we were given the ability to choose any AT during character creation outside of Praetoria.

Well, you could always choose any Archetype during character creation outside of Praetoria. The difference is that with Freedom, the formerly Hero-only Archetypes can start in the Rogue Isles (not Kheldians), and the Villain-only Archetypes can start in Paragon City (not Soldiers of Arachnos).

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 12:34:46 AM »
Well, you could always choose any Archetype during character creation outside of Praetoria. The difference is that with Freedom, the formerly Hero-only Archetypes can start in the Rogue Isles (not Kheldians), and the Villain-only Archetypes can start in Paragon City (not Soldiers of Arachnos).
Well, sort of.  You had to choose an alignment before selecting an AT.  Now you select an AT, go run the co-op tutorial, and decide on a starting alignment in the tutorial.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 02:28:52 AM »
Ea : Well, sort of.  You had to choose an alignment before selecting an AT.  Now you select an AT, go run the co-op tutorial, and decide on a starting alignment in the tutorial.

To clarify, with Freedom: once you have run the tutorial at least (some number of times, perhaps once, on an account), you can choose to not play the tutorial, and choose to arrive in Atlas or Isles (for non epic archetypes, and for non Praetorians). This gets you there at lvl 1. The tutorial lets you decide too, and you arrive at level 2, with a few more inherent powers and the like.

MisterRik

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Yes, they were.  Blasters, Controllers, Defenders, Scrappers, Tankers were the original 5 ATs at the launch of City of Heroes.
Interesting - one of the characters I'm having this problem with is a Hero Controller (Cerebolt up there).

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
Interesting - one of the characters I'm having this problem with is a Hero Controller (Cerebolt up there).

Cerebolt, Hero, Mind Control/Electricity Assault Controller: http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/131920

With a Power Set like Electricity Assault, I question the validity of the character being a Controller.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »
After clicking the link for the character's profile, I suspect he meant "Dominator" rather than "Controller".
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

MisterRik

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »
After clicking the link for the character's profile, I suspect he meant "Dominator" rather than "Controller".
D'OH! You're correct, she's a Dominator, not a Controller.

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »
There's a major structure change for badges going on at the moment. I've tested this internally and badges are being properly reported according to the character's alignment, rather than their archetype, so you can expect this to be fixed when the change gets published. There's still a lot of testing going on and I can't provide an ETA at this time, but hopefully we'll get the changes out before Issue 22 goes Live.

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)