Author Topic: DB error when renaming a character  (Read 4772 times)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
DB error when renaming a character
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:37 AM »
I get the DB error page when trying to rename a character to one that already exists on that server, or to move a character to a different server where a character with that name already exists.

At least before I left, there was a unique key/index on (tu_key, [strike]char_id[/strike]name, server_id) which I'm guessing is still there. 

Possible solution
1.  Alter the "edit character"/save character logic to check for existence on the key (if either value is changed)
2.  Remove "unique" part of index

EDIT: it may have included global handle instead of tu_key.  I don't remember at this point

Keen

• Elite Boss
Re: DB error when renaming a character
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:36:11 AM »
The unique key is still there, yes. Apparently I forgot to make that check... I'll fix it as soon as possible, hopefully this Friday. Thanks for reporting.

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »
Just got the DB error screen when changing Jack's Hammer's server to Exalted.  Looks like he changed over correctly, but his badges weren't de-verified.  Errorbot still working? >.>

Jacal

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
Well it seems to me that the DB error occurs when I try manually update badgers as well, and the badges Sentinel picks up won't verify. I even tried to delete at toon yesterday and got the same thing, though this morning the toon was gone.

Would at the same time send my appreciation and thanks, for all the work that TonyV and rest of the devs have been putting in lately. I am amazed over their dedication to the comunity.

Word of the wise:
Don't eat yellow snow

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »
This should beThe process of unverifying badges upon moving or renaming characters should be fixed now. Please let us know if it's still not working for you.

EDIT: the character name clashing on different servers is still being worked on.

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)