Author Topic: Login issues for Titan sites and Sentinel  (Read 3388 times)

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
Login issues for Titan sites and Sentinel
« on: November 15, 2011, 01:02:48 AM »
I've been having trouble getting logged in with Titan Sentinel. I had thought it might just be me, but Mrs. Wentworth was experiencing the same thing. So, I tried to see if others were having trouble in the forums and made the decision to reset my Titan Key password. Well, that was a bad idea because not only did it not help, but now the random generated password I received doesn't log me in to my Titan account. In fact, I can still login to the CIT website with my old password, but Titan Sentinel requires the new password. Titan Sentinel still doesn't actually connect to the webservice, but the login says it worked. Help!

Michiyo

• Titan Staff
  • Lieutenant
    • SGSpaces
Re: Login issues for Titan sites and Sentinel
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 01:51:30 AM »
Sentinel is DOA for now anyway, it has to be upgraded to support I21.5's Collections Interface, as badge data, and other stuff was moved around, and a simple manifest update isn't enough.  As for the password issues, I sadly can't help with that issue... Though I did have issues logging into the forums, it was resolved by me logging into the cohtitan.com main site, changing my password there, (not resetting) and everything synced up.

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:05:43 AM »
Yes, I had figured Sentinel would be unable to update anything, but wasn't sure it would prevent me from logging in as well. Unfortunately, I am unable to login to the cohtitan main site at the moment to try anything. It won't accept old or newly reset passwords.

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:13:14 AM »
Help arrived by way of TonyV. I couldn't say what he did, but he got me back on track. Thanks again!

eshirako

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:51:33 PM »

I think I'll need to ask for help on my login problem as well.  I used the 'forgot my password' password reset tool and when I go to log in it 'takes' the new password and immediately redirects me to http://www.cohtitan.com/login which wants my username/pass again.  If I give it my new, random password it sends me right back to that page and doesn't log me in.  If I give it my old password it says "Incorrect username or password!  Please try again."  In neither case do I /actually/ log in.

I seem to remain logged in on the forum here and Paragon Wiki, and cannot log into either CIT or the main Titan site.  There may be others in the Titan Network that I have odd behaviors with, but I don't use Faces, for example (and I saw that it's down for code-updates anyway!), and don't know if I do or not.

Feel free to revert me to my original password if possible/needed, or go ahead and assign one and mail it to me if needed.  Thanks for your help, and thanks to all the Titan folks who are doing so much to keep such wonderful resources online for us to use!

-liz

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25:42 AM »
Try deleting all of your cohtitan.com cookies.  I think that the hashed password is actually stored in one or more cookies, which could be causing a problem in which your browser thinks you're logged in but the site doesn't.  In fact, here's a procedure that should work:
  • Go to the forgot password page and enter your e-mail address.
  • Delete all of your browser cookies from cohtitan.com sites (including cit.cohtitan.com!).
  • Use the password that is sent to you to log in to the main site.
  • You should get redirected to the manage account page.  After that, go to the CIT site and try logging in there.
  • Go to the forums site and try to log in there.
  • Go to the Paragon Wiki site and try to log in there.
If any of these fail or you have any trouble, drop me a PM, e-mail me at tonyv@cohtitan.com, or hit me up on Skype (tonyv.paragonwiki).  If you catch me on the latter, I can probably fix your issue realtime.

If you change your password back to something that is easier to remember, be sure to toss your cookies again.

eshirako

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 04:44:51 AM »
     Sorry for the necro-posting, but I just tried the method listed here, and you were right; I logged in fine now once I cleared my COHTitan.com cookies, and then was able to log into the forum here just fine.  I'll drop a line if anything doesn't log in properly, but so far I seem fine!

-liz