Author Topic: Mids’ Hero/Villain Designer 1.953  (Read 17999 times)

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Mids’ Hero/Villain Designer 1.953
« on: December 26, 2011, 05:42:50 AM »
Happy holidays from the Titan Network!

Mids’ Hero/Villain Designer 1.953 - December 2011

New features:
  • Titan Weapons!
  • More Incarnate powers!

Fixes & changes:
  • A ton of bug fixes!

Known issues:
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7 have issues with the updater due to UAC interfering with writing to the Program Files folder. Many of these problems can be resolved by (a) installing as Administrator, (b) running Mids as Administrator, or (c) installing Mids to a location other than the Program Files folder.
  • Diminishing Returns for PvP mode have not yet been added; all buffs currently show their full, unmodified values.
  • The Power Graphs for the current build do not display effects for pseudo-pet powers like Ice Storm. This does not affect the Powerset Comparison, which is now fully aware of pseudo-pets.
  • Power Boost affects some powers that should ignore its buffs, such as Ice Shields.
  • Temporary and Accolade powers are not being affected by buffs such as recharge rate.
  • In some cases, the Reactive Interface DoT damage doesn't correctly factor in the CancelOnMiss for the damage, resulting in slightly higher damage being reported.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:15:24 PM by Diellan »

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:00:02 AM »
Known issues:
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7 have issues with the updater due to UAC interfering with writing to the Program Files folder. Many of these problems can be resolved by (a) installing as Administrator, (b) running Mids as Administrator, or (c) installing Mids to a location other than the Program Files folder.[/l][/l]
Most issues can be resolved by Not letting Windows do what it wants.  ;-)

EDIT: Wtf is up with the editor and not letting you fix formatting the First time?[/list]
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

MrIgnem

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
I deleted my old installation of Mids, then ran the installer as administrator (it requires me to) and installed it into a non-program files directory.

Every time I start the program it thinks there is a new version available.
When I check the details of the "Hero Designer.exe" file it says "1.9.52" as version.
Titan weapons are available so it is definitely "1.9.53".

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »
Downloaded MXDSetup1-953.exe
Installed it

When launched, automatic update notice comes up advising 1.953 is available. Installed version does seem to support Titan Weapons.

Hero Designer.exe: (checked in only one on computer!)
File version 1.9.5.2.0
Date modified: 26/12/2011 12:10PM
Size: 5.94 MB (6,233,600 bytes)
Sixe on disk: 5.94 MB (6,234,112 bytes)
Created: ‎Monday, ‎26 ‎December ‎2011, ‏‎12:10:28 PM
Modified: ‎Monday, ‎26 ‎December ‎2011, ‏‎12:10:28 PM
Accessed: ‎Monday, ‎21 ‎February ‎2011, ‏‎7:10:28 PM

Never issues launching (W764bit); very clean lean known good system have UAC.
Installed to default loc C:\Program Files (x86)\Titan Network\Mids Hero Designer

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »
This is because of a bug in the released version, where the file thinks it is 1.952, when it is really 1.953.

A new version is available on the server now! Do an auto-update or download from the link above!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:26:01 PM by Diellan »

keenjin

• Minion
  • :D
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:58:50 AM »
A new version is available on the server now! Do an auto-update or download from the link above!

Again, you rock. :)

Would there be any heads-up for DR update? xD
Jin, the God of Gods.

A unique existence possessing six accounts with full 48 character slots on freedom.

Five out of six are activated currently, using three at a time.

MrIgnem

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 08:18:23 AM »
Superb job!

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 08:18:27 PM »
Would there be any heads-up for DR update? xD

Not yet. :/

Stone-Henge

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »
Just a note, Titan Weapons and Shield Def can be paired in Mids but not in-game.

faero malikite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
i downloaded the new version and it will not let me print builds from it.  It gives an error message that my printer is not a valid printer.  I can print from every other program on my PC except for Mids......
@faero malikite
@reverrend irreverent
I likey da firey!

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 11:10:56 PM »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 05:51:48 AM »
My reaction when I read this:

Mids has printer support???

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 12:43:31 PM »
Mids has printer support???

Yes! How I get builds to Mac users, if I need to.

Now if only I could also print the In-game Respec Helper > History Long!

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
Now if only I could also print the In-game Respec Helper > History Long!

Check the box on the right that says history. That's the only report I every print and I've got them all in a binder. It's not quite the same, though. You get each level in turn, so you have to go every other as you respec. If you want to see what you picked at level 34 though, each of the three slots has a line with eh level and enhancement, and it all fits on one sheet of paper.

Now if it only allowed printer selection options...

eshirako

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »

As requested, adding the glitch I found...after another thank-you for you folks providing such an incredibly-useful tool!

I was trying to add a powerset from Beta.  I went to Options, Advanced -> Database Editor, Main DB Editor, clicked MM Summon, hit Add under the set, entered the set's info, display name Beast Master, set name Beastmaster, set the AT and all, and clicked OK.  It went 'Bonk!  Invalid Name'.  However, it made the 'Beast Master' entry!  The set name was blank, though.

Attempts to add a power to it would universally bomb with an invalid name.  I have deleted it safely, thankfully.  Thanks for offering to look into it!  I'll happily help test stuff, or forward files or whatever if it might help.  Just let me know.

-liz