Author Topic: Waterworks Component Listings  (Read 3947 times)

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
Waterworks Component Listings
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »
The Cardiac tree requirements when using the Force Other Components option seems to think I need a Cardiac Radial Boost when I select Cardiac Core Paragon as my final and Cardiac Partial Core Revamp and Cardiac Total Core Revamp as my intermediate choices. I haven't tested this with other Alpha trees yet. The component listings for the regular Alpha components (shards and Task Force rewards) lists everything properly.

Also when I check "Force Other Components" after I pick my targeted abilities, the component listings refuse to change and I cannot add new components or abilities to my Obtained list, almost as if the program has locked up. This persists no matter what I do until I clear my target Alpha abilities and reset them. The only way to get the Other Components to show up is to check the option before I pick my targeted abilities.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:31:07 AM by Gamer6432 »
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
Re: Waterworks Component Listings
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:12 PM »
I know you guys have more than a few things on your plate(s) right now, but has anyone looked into this?

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Sorry! Waterworks is solely my responsibility, and I don't remember seeing your post before. I'll look into it right now.

Edit: I think I've figured it out. There was a null-pointer exception involved with the Force ___ Components options, but because I always put Alpha options before non-Alpha, it would only manifest itself by freezing component listings when forcing the usage of non-Alpha components. If you would, I'd like you to determine if your issues are resolved before we post this for everyone to download.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:44:24 PM by DeProgrammer »

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »
Everything seems to be in order now :)

One small question, is it possible to have the DB save the options for crafting the various levels of components? It's a minor annoyance, but if it's an easy fix/addition it'd be nice.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:41:45 AM by Gamer6432 »

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:01:18 AM »
Is that broken for you, too?  :P Waterworks does save Craft _ Components in twwConfig.ini:
Code: [Select]
CraftCommon=true
CraftUncommon=false
CraftRare=false
CraftVeryRare=false

If you're running the program from a shortcut in the Start Menu, make sure its Start In directory is the same as the program itself. Otherwise, Windows does weird things with Start Menu shortcuts.

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 04:50:17 AM »
I don't seem to have a twwConfig.ini file <_<

Edit: Got Waterworks to generate the .ini file. Double checked the settings, but it still doesn't actually load them :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:59:17 AM by Gamer6432 »

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 04:56:18 AM »
How are you running the JAR? Where is it? Is the directory read-only? etc.  :P

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:06 AM »
The .jar file is in my CoH folder. I've tried running it from the desktop shortcut and directly from the folder. I've verified that neither the x86 or x64 Java install directories are read only, same with my City of Heroes directory.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 05:41:49 AM »
Whichever way generated the INI file should load it too. I don't know what else to tell ya. :\

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:05:30 AM »
Yay for Micro$oft... putting the .jar straight in the C:\ directory fixed the issue. Seems that lovely "feature" (that feels more like a bug) of auto-reverting almost any folder in a system generated sub-directory on C: to Read-Only is the issue.