Author Topic: Adding power sets to Mids  (Read 4338 times)

Stone-Henge

• Underling
Adding power sets to Mids
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
How would I go about adding a new power set to Mids (ex Staff Fighting, or Dark controller/dominator power set)?

keenjin

• Minion
  • :D
Re: Adding power sets to Mids
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 05:56:55 AM »
Options -> Advanced -> Database Editor -> Main Database Editor(and Endtity Editor if needed) -> Select the corresponding group -> Add a set(or sets) -> Add powers.

Simple to be said.

Complicated to be figured out.

Enough said. xD
Jin, the God of Gods.

A unique existence possessing six accounts with full 48 character slots on freedom.

Five out of six are activated currently, using three at a time.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:04:37 AM »
I was under the impression that this wasn't functional until ver 1.0?
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:47 AM »
I was under the impression that this wasn't functional until ver 1.0?
Mids is on version 1.9, hon :D

The database editor is functional. It's like wading through the murkiest water possible and you occasionally run into sharp objects and Mids will barf. Loading a character utilizing custom database details may cause Mids to barf. Attempting to load a character created from a different database (customized differently than yours, not customized at all when yours is custom, customized when yours is not custom) may cause Mids to barf. And of course, just editing the database can cause Mids to barf...and sometimes can cause updates to Mids to barf.

Basically buyer beware. It's not really an officially supported part of Mids. ;)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
I'd love to get mine to barf while adding sets. All I can make it do are dry heaves. All the pain fear and uncontrollable spasms, but nothing of substance (even if revolting and unusable) coming out.

I can't even get it to take the correct numbers for Titan Weapons.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:33:12 AM »
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

eshirako

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »

Using a bit of necromancy on this thread to re-mention the 'Add Sets' bug.  It didn't seem worth duplicating threads for.

Anyway, to the bug...which has actually gotten worse since I mentioned it, so I know /something/ was done!  :)  Previously I could add a new set and then simply couldn't populate it with powers (1.952 or 3).  Now (1.954) I can't even add a new Set at all.  I tried to add one to Scrapper_Melee and Brute_Melee, but got a 'No Can Do' message stating that "Powerset name 'Brute_Melee.Staff is invalid."  Of possible interest is the unbalanced quotes around the 'Brute_Melee.Staff', where the trailing quote is missing?

I'll wait for an update if I must, but I was trying to at least have the base info entered for build-plan purposes, even if I couldn't do anything for special mechanics and the like!  Thanks again for such a useful program!

-liz

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 08:15:45 PM »
   Using a bit of necromancy on this thread to re-mention the 'Add Sets' bug.  It didn't seem worth duplicating threads for.

Anyway, to the bug...which has actually gotten worse since I mentioned it, so I know /something/ was done!  :)  Previously I could add a new set and then simply couldn't populate it with powers (1.952 or 3).  Now (1.954) I can't even add a new Set at all.  I tried to add one to Scrapper_Melee and Brute_Melee, but got a 'No Can Do' message stating that "Powerset name 'Brute_Melee.Staff is invalid."  Of possible interest is the unbalanced quotes around the 'Brute_Melee.Staff', where the trailing quote is missing?

I'll wait for an update if I must, but I was trying to at least have the base info entered for build-plan purposes, even if I couldn't do anything for special mechanics and the like!  Thanks again for such a useful program!

-liz

I actually found and fixed this bug the other day, so look for that to be fixed in 1.955 (coming soon!). The unique check wasn't actually looking at the powerset name, even though it claims it does. :P

eshirako

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

Ok, excellent to hear, thanks!  Want me to do any bug-scrounging for you in a test-phase?  :)  I seem to be getting better at doing things to make the poor program mad at me!  I think I'm into the 'good enough with it to be truly dangerous' phase now!

-liz