Author Topic: Alternate Badge Names  (Read 4896 times)

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Alternate Badge Names
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:11 AM »
I'd been going through the Achievement badges, updating the notes that say what various names are given to hero/villain/Praetorian characters,  when it dawned on me that the same information is given in the {{See Also<type>Badges}} templates at the bottom of the articles.  Is it worthwhile to go ahead and put in all those {{BadgeDimensionSimilar}} notes, or are the {{SeeAlsoBadges}}  good enough?  It certainly would save time to not put in the separate note.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Alternate Badge Names
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »
Is it worthwhile to go ahead and put in all those {{BadgeDimensionSimilar}} notes, or are the {{SeeAlsoBadges}}  good enough?
Well, I can see how the {{BadgeDimensionSimilar}} notes seem a bit redundant.  That being said, however, the "See Also" template doesn't explain to a new player exactly what the relationship between those badges is.  Including the {{BadgeDimensionSimilar}} does that in a pretty straightforward manner.  Keeping new players in mind, I think that it is worthwhile to have both in the articles.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov