Author Topic: Zone Screenshots  (Read 6128 times)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Zone Screenshots
« on: March 16, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
It occurred to me that old Faultline and Rikti Crash Site, and Paragon Dance Party among others, are gone to the grasps of time because nobody had any pictures... We should make pictures of the current zones.

And no, that rave mission that Natural characters used to have doesn't count as "close enough." Unless I'm mistaken, that map was a different layout.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Zone Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
You can post a message on the official forums, there are folks there with characters still in RCS - they don't get booted. They can get some zone shots.

You can also post a message on the official forums and get some zone shots from folks who have characters in PDP. It also doesn't boot out. The comm folk also use PDP occasionally as a final venue for costume contests and stuff so that they can guarantee no interlopers.

Faultline does boot out, unfortunately (to the new Faultline) so no way to get old shots of there. There's some videos on youtube showing Old Fautline but that's as close as we get.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »
It occurred to me that old Faultline and Rikti Crash Site, and Paragon Dance Party among others, are gone to the grasps of time because nobody had any pictures...

Challenge accepted!

*goes rifling through screenshot archive*
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 05:17:12 PM »
There's some videos on youtube showing Old Fautline but that's as close as we get.

The one people keep linking to is the one I made all those years ago. (-:

*goes rifling through screenshot archive*

Keep yer grubby self an UI out of them, though!

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »
It occurred to me that old Faultline and Rikti Crash Site, and Paragon Dance Party among others, are gone to the grasps of time

The Menders are good at retrieving things lost to the grasps of time, maybe we'll get Echoes of them some day? *hopes*

We should make pictures of the current zones.

Good idea.  8)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 06:13:25 PM »
Keep yer grubby self an UI out of them, though!

Yes, yes.  Most of the time I took screenshots (especially older ones) it was to get pictures of an area in general, something odd (found one of the Atta bug), or a specific entity or NPC.

Let's see...
* a few from the old CW King's lair that I use as random backgrounds ('05)
* people trying to land on the ghost ship the first time it appeared ('05)
* in Moth Cemetery with Adamastor looking down at the camera from a hilltop in the distance ('05)
* shot of Portal Corp from the parking lot in the pre-Castle days ('05)
* Infernal's portal room filled to the brim with angry demons - I'm sure I'm actually somewhere in that mess, but I couldn't see me when I took the picture and still only have a vague idea where I'm at based on the direction of fire from all the demons ('05)
* Major Richard Flagg standing in his little bunker in RCS ('05)
* Crashed mother ship in RCS ('05)
* tanks patrolling the streets in RCS - I'm in the picture but could easily be cropped out ('05)
* the Ghost Ship run aground in Talos ('05)
* Tyrant's throne room (multiple angles) ('05)
* the Tsoo ink fountain ('05)
* Infected throwing rocks and pointing guns in Outbreak ('05)
* an Item of Power sitting in a vault in a base (CoV beta) ('05)
* a couple images of Statesman's strike, but they didn't turn out that great because you can only see about one third of the villains that were actually there in the shots (graphics card weeping silently) ('05)
* the Crey cloning facility ('06)
* a gathering in Nerva with Cuppa Jo to test spawning Caleb ('06)
* Citadel with his face texture mapped incorrectly and looking all distorted and weird ('06)
* Ninjas with quivers on their backs ('06)
* the underbelly of Pocket D ('06)
* "Optimus Prime" parked in St. Martial before the black market opened ('07)
* old Hamidon ('07)
* a few shots of the info that the public info terminals used to display ('07)
* Statesman mounted on Tyrant's wall ('07)
* Rikti drop ships dropping bombs in PI ('07)
* large group of nothing but Supa Trolls at a rave site in Steel ('07)

Well, that's scrolling through up to '07, anyway...

No PDP or old Faultline pictures, but I definitely have a few from RCS.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:21:40 PM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 04:34:56 AM »
o.o actually, old falt has a few pics, at the time we jumped on it and took a ton. not sure where the spares ended up though:

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Old_faultline

<_< also, as of i21, the mission that used the old Paragon Dance Party lvl has been removed... think we can talk the dev's into making them into echos? especially old Faultline.. that place was massively different from the modern version, and still ingame too, some of the com-reps have used it in the past.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sleepy! Hear me Yawn!

o.o reachable at: My Paragonwiki Page

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 11:35:53 PM »
New guy, and I realize I'm pretty late to the party, but just wanted to chime in about the Paragon Dance Party and some of the other old zones--I have a ton of old demo recordings that might be useful for getting shots of these places, especially now with the i23/i24 client ability to unhook the camera. I've been holding off until I update my computer to something capable of making them look pretty, but at any rate the footage is there.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
I actually found a way to get into these zones in mid September and shared it with the OP, so hopefully he's taken a few screenshots by now :D.

I haven't made it public because its an exploit that can be used to get ANYWHERE (and I mean anywhere) in the game, short of alignment auto-kicks. I'm planning to make the info available in a couple weeks for people who want their characters' final moments to be in places like Paragon Dance Party.

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »
Someone posted the instructions on the hack in the VIP channel yesterday, so I sent Gorilla Girl on a demorecording spree through PDP, Old Faultline, and Old Crash Site. (Also Vinceland, but that's not much of a screenshot.)

However, I am crap at demoediting. If someone with better skills would like the cohdemo files, I'll happily send them along.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 04:33:32 PM »
The Paragon Dance Party article (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Paragon_Dance_Party) is missing images, so anything gathered already should be added.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame