Author Topic: CIT not tracking 2 of my badges and sentinel tracking 1 extra badge  (Read 8494 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Can't figure out what badges are missing from my total but I have 1340 total badges ingame. Sentinel is displaying 1341 and CIT only displays 1338. Going thru all of my manage badge lists of all the badges I acquired in issue 22 plus spring fling shows that im not missing any. So while CIT might be tracking all of the badges atleast 2 might not be adding to the badge total but are still displayed under badge menus possibly.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: CIT not tracking 2 of my badges and sentinel tracking 1 extra badge
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:55 AM »
Check on Gate Crasher.

There is an explore in Peregrine Island, and also a Dilemma Diab achievement badge, both named Gate Crasher. CIT currently has flagging for those two badges turned off because Sentinel and CIT go by badge name, so verifying one would automatically verify the other one even if you didn't have it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 12:07:47 AM »
(Aggelakis posted about the first part while I was still typing.)

Not sure why Sentinel would display 1341 when you have 1340, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 01:40:08 AM »
Not sure why Sentinel would display 1341 when you have 1340, though.
1340 with one Gate Crasher would do it. 1339 + 1 Gate Crasher.

Sentinel would be catching both Gate Crashers (1339 + 2 Gate Crashers). CIT would be not catching either one (1339 + 0 Gate Crashers).

What *I'm* not sure of is why CIT is reporting 1338.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 02:54:56 AM »
OK, checking one of my characters, the in-game badge count is 1322.  I have the exploration version of Gate Crasher, but not the achievement version.

Sentinel is showing a total of 1322, matching the in-game total.

CIT is showing a total of 1321, one less than in-game and Sentinel are showing.  Gate Closer isn't showing up in the exploration list at all, so that's definitely the badge that's missing from my total.

So, if I had both Gate Crashers, I would expect in-game and Sentinel totals to both register as 1323 and CIT to show 1321.

Sentinel not matching and showing one more than in-game still doesn't make sense to me.

Edit:  Just to double-check, logging in a rogue with Gate Crasher, I have a total of 1245 in-game, 1245 in Sentinel, and 1244 in CIT.

And I've edited the above text because I should have been looking for Gate Closer on my vigilante, not Gatekeeper.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:05:57 AM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »
Hmmmm. Interesting. I have no idea then.

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »
*Deleted all my badges on CIT
*Re-scanned with sentinel
*Sentinel tracking 1341 badges
*Sent badges
*CIT still displaying 1338 badges

I've looked thru the lists again and can't find anything missing. Before issue 22 I was only lacking the new valentine badges and sentinel was still detecting an extra badge the reason being pointed out by Aggelakis. With issue 22 the only new badges that I don't have on live are the drowning in blood badges, sentinel smasher and MoDD. Anyone else here want to verify your badges? Perhaps some of them are not counting towards the badge total even though they are being tracked? Or Perhaps one of the badges actually isn't in the system?.

If it helps here is my character profile: http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/76080
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:31:28 AM by Noyjitat »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »
*Sentinel tracking 1441 badges
I really hope you meant 1341.

And the character profile might help.  I can at least look for the specific badges I expect to be missing that way if nothing else.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 01:37:16 AM »
OK, I see you have Return Visitor, and that requires Gate Closer.  Gate Closer is the heroic version of Gate Crasher (exploration) that we currently have turned off in CIT, so that's one of your missing badges.  That one's to be expected.

I see that you have some of the badges from the Dilemma Diabolique trial, but not the Master of badge (as you previously stated.)  Since you did not state that you have not earned the achievement version of Gate Crasher from this trial, I assume that is the second badge Sentinel is detecting that you don't see in CIT since, again, that one is currently turned off in CIT.

Now the third badge...

If I assume that all of the badges I have verified are working properly, then the badge that is not registering for you must be one that I have not earned.  Here are the badges that neither of us have verified on our characters in CIT, less any badges that are specific to characters who started in Praetoria.

Sibling Rivalry    Accomplishment
Sentinel Smasher    Achievement
Master of Dilemma Diabolique    Achievement
Brotherly Love    Achievement
Sidereal Researcher    Achievement
Shark Bait    Accolade
Fwoosh    Accolade
Bug Hunter    Accolade
7 Year Veteran    Veteran
8 Year Veteran    Veteran
Arriviste    Events
Passport    Events
Cold Hand of Death    Day Jobs

I'd specifically check to see if you have any of those in-game or in the list of badges Sentinel is detecting.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
I have a rogue dom who has the Patroller badge which I have never been able to verify. She picked it up as a Praetorian I think and it never changed to Criminal when she went to the Rogue Isles. Perhaps Noyjitat has a similar issue?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
You know, you have a point. There is technically a Praetorian version of the Patroller badge that is identical to the Primal version in all regards except the description and the title that shows up for characters of Loyalist Alignment. This title, "Patroller", is seen as a Hero title to CIT and any red characters who report it are probably getting it excluded.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:12 PM »
Interesting.

But in this case, all of the badges for healing, damage taken, etc. had primal names, so I don't think that's the one we're looking for this time around.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin