Author Topic: Incarnate Trial Rewards  (Read 5948 times)

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
Incarnate Trial Rewards
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:54:03 PM »
I'm thinking of reworking the reward sections of the Incarnate trials to be more consistent and clear.

Take a look at: http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Keyes_Island_Reactor_Trial and http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/User:Storyteller@fuse.net/Incarnate_Trial_Rewards#Keyes_Island_Reactor_Trial_Rewards for comparison.

Scrolling further down my user page will show the current state of the other reward sections for the other trials.  I'd like to rework them similar to the Keyes template by breaking each trials' rewards down into Badges, Experience, Salvage and Merits.

Also the pages for Incarnate Components (http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Incarnate_Component) and Incarnate Trials (http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Incarnate_Trial) each carries much of the same information.  Any ideas for streamlining this information?
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
Re: Incarnate Trial Rewards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:23 AM »
I went ahead and reformatted BAF, Lambda, Underground and Minds of Mayhem into the Keyes template on my user page:  http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/User:Storyteller@fuse.net/Incarnate_Trial_Rewards.  Check it out for accuracy, style, wording, etc.

There are quite a few duplicated text lines that could be templated, if someone wanted to jump in and make templates.  (hint, hint, help!, help!) ;)

I'd be hesitant to make one big template as there is currently quite a bit of variation between each trial that would make trying to shoehorn-in some of the different trial conventions difficult. 

I'm using this as my boilerplate atm.  Make wording changes and suggestions here and I'll copy the consensus onto my user page.

=== Experience ===
* [[Incarnate Experience|Physical Incarnate & Psychic Incarnate Experience]], which unlock the Alpha, Lore, Destiny, Judgement and Interface Slots if any of those slots are locked.
* [[Incarnate Experience|Psychic Incarnate Experience]], which unlocks the [[Alpha Slot|Alpha]], [[Judgement Slot|Judgement]] and [[Lore Slot]]s if any of those slots are locked.
* [[Incarnate Experience|Physical Incarnate Experience]], which unlocks the [[Alpha Slot|Alpha]], [[Interface Slot|Interface]], and [[Destiny Slot]]s if any of those slots are locked.

=== Salvage ===
* [[Incarnate Thread Component|Incarnate Threads]] drop instead of [[Incarnate Shard Component|Incarnate Shards]].
* Upon successful completion of this trial, each character is presented with a reward table allowing them to choose one reward from several options. There is a participation threshold that must be met in order to receive an [[Incarnate Component]] table instead of a 10 Threads "consolation prize".
** If a character surpasses this threshold, the rarity of the component reward is a random roll.  The options available will either be a choice of: one common component or one super [[inspiration]], one uncommon component or two super inspirations, one rare component or three super inspirations, or one very rare component or four super inspirations.
* A random Uncommon Incarnate Component is awarded the first time each achievement badge is qualified for. 
* A random Rare Incarnate Component is awarded the first time the  badge is qualified for.

=== Merits ===
* One [[Empyrean Merit]] will be awarded upon successful completion of the Trial once per 20 hour period.
** Any successive completion of the Trial within that 20 hour window will instead award one [[Astral Merit]]. This functionality is essentially the Incarnate Trial version of [[Merit Reward#Diminishing Returns|Merit Reward Diminishing Returns]].
* An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately .
* An additional Astral Merit can be rewarded at the end of the trial for running as an [[Team-Up Teleporter|Open League]].
* An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the  badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge.  It is awarded at the end of the trial.
* An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the  badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge.  It is awarded at the end of the trial.

--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:02 AM »
I had noticed you making that in the Userspace and thought to myself "can't wait till that is ready to go in the main namespace."  So, consider that my endorsement.

Only comment I had really is that I think they changed the tooltip for TPN regarding iXP awarded... though if you plan to implement these soon, there would be no need to change it on the main page if you correct it with these new fangled reward descriptions.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Subsequent runs of Dilemma Diabolique award 1 Empyrean Merit.