Author Topic: Badge Tracking Number in Avatar not Updating  (Read 5369 times)

Lomyril

• Underling
Badge Tracking Number in Avatar not Updating
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
I am not sure if this is the right place or not, but here's the problem.

My Forum avatar is located at http://avatars.cohtitan.com/avatars/cit/u98.png.  It currently indicates I have 1,164 badges.  However, I currently have 1,194.  See my page here at http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/98.

I am not sure how often the avatar image gets updated, but I'm pretty sure I didn't jump from 1,164 to 1,194 overnight.  In fact, I think it's safe to say it's been a few months.  I only noticed the problem now because I post so rarely.

Can someone check to see if the avatar image updating program is running?  Much thanks. =)

EDIT: Looks like the same thing is going on with my badge tracking in the signature block.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:48:13 AM by Lomyril »
"The Sky is not the limit to Mastery, for (as any science fiction enthusiast can tell you) there are infinite worlds left to explore once the sky is left behind." From "Role Playing Mastery", by Gary Gygax.

Dalghryn

• Underling
Re: Badge Tracking Number in Avatar not Updating
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:27:01 AM »
I'm having the same problem.  My character has 1098 badges, but only 900 and something are listed here.  The Sentinel program says, "Online tracking is disabled" if that helps.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Badge Tracking Number in Avatar not Updating
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 04:47:28 AM »
I believe I've fixed this. We'd made an internal change in CIT a while ago and hadn't realized that it would impact this code. Sorry about that!

Regarding how often the images are updated, the avatar images are dynamically generated with an HTTP header suggesting that the browser cache them for 30 seconds. So you should see changes to your badge total reflected immediately. (Note that only verified badges are counted.)