Author Topic: Turn off Prestige Power Toggles  (Read 6528 times)

FundamentalyConfused

• Underling
Turn off Prestige Power Toggles
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »
Is there any way you guys could code in a check box in the options to turn off the extra sprint toggles?  I like the extra space it frees up.  It looks less cluttered to me.  I don't use those extra sprints in game, never liked them really, so I even get rid of them when I install Mids.

Now I already know how to manually edit them out but that gets to be a little bothersome when you have to do it over again deleting one line at a time with every new update.  I've even come across issues trying to look at other peoples builds and it throwing me errors and not opening.  I've had to rebuild any character that I might have previously saved with those toggles showing because it will throw errors and wont let me see it.

This is not a make or break it thing for me, I'll still use Mids either way but it would be sweet to have an option ya know.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
Re: Turn off Prestige Power Toggles
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »
I would not mind such an option myself. They really do take up unnecessary UI space for me too.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:51:24 AM »
The only issue is that technically, you can slot them with things... so if you have the option checked and you open a build where they are in use... how does that work?  I don't know the code, or even pretend to, but that doesn't sound fun to deal with on the back-end.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 05:04:33 AM »
The only issue is that technically, you can slot them with things... so if you have the option checked and you open a build where they are in use... how does that work?  I don't know the code, or even pretend to, but that doesn't sound fun to deal with on the back-end.

This is exactly the problem I face. Also, the inherent powers section of Mids has a strongly hard-coded layout, so if I hid them, all it would do is make them black... I wouldn't be able to put other things in their place.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
Also, the inherent powers section of Mids has a strongly hard-coded layout, so if I hid them, all it would do is make them black... I wouldn't be able to put other things in their place.
Eeeee.  That doesn't sound fun at all.  Wonder why it was done that way...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 01:00:29 AM »
Cos Mids wasn't building the base program for the power profusion we have today. Mids' Designer started in...I7 or I8, I think. (Whenever Sherksilver's builder was slowing updates.) When he wrote it, we had sprint and rest, and that's it. The only other powers that appeared down there were the Kheldian form powers (when applicable).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal