Author Topic: Mid's 1.958 and Overwhelming Force problems  (Read 10918 times)

monkeyslap

• Minion
Mid's 1.958 and Overwhelming Force problems
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:40:06 AM »
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Overwhelming_Force

"Two enhancements improves your Regeneration by 12%.
    Three enhancements improves the Damage of all your powers by 3%.
    Four enhancements increases maximum Health by 1.5%.
    Five enhancements increases Energy and Negative Energy Defense by 2.5%.
    Five enhancements increases Ranged Defense by 1.25%.
    Six enhancements provides 4 points of protection against Knockback effects on you."

The set bonuses in Mid's for this set is way way wrong.  How could this happen? LOL   :o

Edited the Subject. I had a couple numbers reversed  :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:57:45 AM by monkeyslap »

monkeyslap

• Minion
Re: Mid's 1.958 and Overwhelming Force set bonuses
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:48:21 AM »
Also, the icon in the enhancement selection window doesn't match the actual icon.
Edit: The icon on the bottom right of the window under the Sets category is incorrect.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:00:54 AM by monkeyslap »

monkeyslap

• Minion
Re: Mid's 1.958 and Overwhelming Force problems
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 02:58:40 AM »
Another problem I came across. After slotting the Overwhelming Force set/pieces in a build and then saving it, it won't save the change. When reloading the build the slots I had placed the pieces/set in are empty.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
Also, the icon in the enhancement selection window doesn't match the actual icon.
Edit: The icon on the bottom right of the window under the Sets category is incorrect.

The icon for the CATEGORY should NOT match the icon for the Overwhelming Force set. That is a NEW category which is "Universal Damage". Any new Universal Damage sets will NOT have the same icons as the Overwhelming Force set. While I can understand wanting an icon more unique than a generic damage IO icon, using the Overwhelming Force set icon would not be the correct choice. If anything the category icon would logically be similar to the Overwhelming icon but without the "movie reel" picture on the enhancement.

A reasonable category icon for universal damage sets would look something like this:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:27:59 PM by Kyriani »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »
I'm not sure sure either of those is appropriate. There's no guarantee that future Universal Damage enhancements will be Attuned. They could just as easily make recipes for crafted enhancements in that category as well.

And the dirty truth of it all is that enhancement set categories don't actually exist. They're a logical device to make it easier for us humans to keep track of, but the game fabricates them on demand. It doesn't always get it right if there's some inconsistency in which enhancement sets can go in which powers.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 06:09:40 PM »
Of course, the real problem here with Enhancement Symbols is that they are built on an IO-only model... and then lots and lots of exceptions have been created over the years.

There actually is no appropriate border for a Universal Damage set at this point since the only current example is attuned, but as Codewalker points out, it wouldn't have to be.

I would actually propose using the generic TO Damage enhancer... since it too can go in any Damage power.

Further, the current Invention Symbols being used for Set Categories is a bit of a misnomer already... because the store sells attuned versions of many enhancers that simply AREN'T invented.

Regardless of how you look at it, there are several now well documented bugs with the latest Mids version... I.E. there are several threads that talk about them now.  Note to the OP, please look for other appropriate threads BEFORE you post a new one with the same content.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »
There's no guarantee that future Universal Damage enhancements will be Attuned.

Likewise, there's no guarantee future, let's say, Ranged Damage sets will be Invention.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 07:20:50 PM »
Likewise, there's no guarantee future, let's say, Ranged Damage sets will be Invention.
They all already aren't Guy.  See: SBEs.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
I said future! D-:

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 09:59:58 PM »
I would actually propose using the generic TO Damage enhancer... since it too can go in any Damage power.

This actually makes a ton of sense.

monkeyslap

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 01:56:38 AM »
The icon for the CATEGORY should NOT match the icon for the Overwhelming Force set. That is a NEW category which is "Universal Damage". Any new Universal Damage sets will NOT have the same icons as the Overwhelming Force set. While I can understand wanting an icon more unique than a generic damage IO icon, using the Overwhelming Force set icon would not be the correct choice. If anything the category icon would logically be similar to the Overwhelming icon but without the "movie reel" picture on the enhancement.

A reasonable category icon for universal damage sets would look something like this:

Oh. Very good point. I hadn't thought of that. Thinking of it now, the icon for damage sets doesn't match any single set icon, or stun sets, or immobilize sets, etc.. So that was a lack of brain cells on my part.  :-[

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
Another problem I came across. After slotting the Overwhelming Force set/pieces in a build and then saving it, it won't save the change. When reloading the build the slots I had placed the pieces/set in are empty.

That's what I was coming here to report. I keep saving my blaster build, but the overwhelming force set keeps disappearing hehehe :)