Author Topic: Pet-less Mastermind  (Read 24156 times)

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
Pet-less Mastermind
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »
I was just wondering, is there anyone out there with a pet-less mastermind? I've toyed around with the idea, but I was curious to see a build of someone who has actually done it and perhaps what type of survivability that character would have.

My main villain is actually just the opposite. It's an attack-less mastermind.  Here's my current build:

Omicron Cypher
[build]2289[/build]

He's actually quite the offensive powerhouse. I'm currently raising a Thugs/Poison mastermind though and am a bit curious how he would be without the thugs...
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Pet-less Mastermind
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »
A Petless Mastermind is about as effective as a Blastless Blaster.  I cringe every time it's brought up on the official forums... especially the ones that whine about teams not wanting them.

Mastermind blasts have piss-poor damage, their buffs are decent but not as good as a Corruptor's, etc.

I mean if you want to do it that's fine it's your $15 as they say, but don't subject anyone else to this kind of torture :P

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 08:34:36 PM »
A Petless Mastermind is about as effective as a Blastless Blaster.  I cringe every time it's brought up on the official forums... especially the ones that whine about teams not wanting them.

Mastermind blasts have piss-poor damage, their buffs are decent but not as good as a Corruptor's, etc.

I mean if you want to do it that's fine it's your $15 as they say, but don't subject anyone else to this kind of torture :P

That's true. I just haven't seen any cases of a high level one. Just wondering how that would work out.
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

blueorchid

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:14:19 PM »
A Petless Mastermind is about as effective as a Blastless Blaster.

That's pretty much the size of it.  All a mastermind is is a controller that has few offensive powers but the ability to summon critters to do most of their own dirty work for them.  You'd essentially be rolling up a henchman.  Better to roll up a controller instead.

twiztidchild

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
i think you could get by w/o your three minion pets later in the game but you should take them early and respec out later.  your weapons along with your stronger pets should make you pretty strong.  of course that's not based on experience

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:54:14 AM »
I know I'm inactive, but would someone be willing to go onto test with their high level MM and respec into something like this? I'd imagine that you could pull off a rather weak, but stalkerish build using Cloak and Traps.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com