Author Topic: Save Paragon City! efforts coordination  (Read 21354 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Save Paragon City! efforts coordination
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »
Hey all, I've noticed that a lot of people are putting together disparate efforts to save Paragon City, myself included.  We need to work together as a team.  In that spirit, I'm starting a thread to list what's being done and by whom.  If you want to save Paragon City, please direct your energies to an existing effort if possible instead of kicking off another thing to divide everyone's attention even further.  For example, please don't create a new Facebook page, as several are already created and one page with 10,000 supporters is much better than 100 pages with 100 supporters each.  If you know of something that's not listed here, please let me know and I'll edit the post to add it.

For the sake of maintaining a high signal-to-noise ratio, please try not to derail this thread. It is intended as a reference, not a discussion of the merits or lack thereof of the efforts. Also, please bear in mind the topic: to SAVE Paragon City.  There are a lot of threads and efforts going on to remember City of Heroes and perhaps to commemorate the end of City of Heroes if that comes to pass, but these links are sites and efforts specifically dedicated to making sure that doesn't happen.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:21:38 AM by TonyV »

Xenos

• Lieutenant
Re: Save Paragon City! efforts coordination
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:11:31 AM »
Tony, I could not agree more about coordinating our efforts. Thanks for taking the lead.

I am really impressed to see the activity on the initial change.org petition. I think it's a great place to publicly show our support of the game. I think the 2nd (open source) petition is a great idea, but it might be more effective if we could combine the two. As you are a better known entity than me, do you think you could reach out to the 2 people who started the petitions?

As I stated in one of the other threads, I am more than glad to help out and will keep on eye on your posts.

- Xenos

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 04:22:05 AM »
I've added my "We are heroes. This is what we do." post to the list for reference.

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
you may also consider spreading the word on G+ as well :  I set up a page to that effect.

https://plus.google.com/b/101371410798688077793/
--

gangrelguy

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Tony, here's another petition towards letting the player-base volunteer to manage servers and more.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ncsoft-corporation-work-with-the-player-base-to-keep-the-city-of-heroes-servers-running

Steele Magnolia

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »
I've got a Boycott NCSoft Facebook group going:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/517513781597443/

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
I've got a Boycott NCSoft Facebook group going:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/517513781597443/

Just to reiterate, this effort is focused on saving Paragon City, not on retaliation.  I don't think that a boycott is helpful to that goal.  I won't mod your post here, but I won't add it to the list above.

HardRider

• Underling
  • Only HardRider can bring you true peace.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
What about mailing the other gaming news sites and show them the efforts we're trying to do in saving this game? you know get the word out show us united.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
What about mailing the other gaming news sites and show them the efforts we're trying to do in saving this game? you know get the word out show us united.

Patience, my friend, that's definitely on my radar.  I don't want to burn everyone out with "Here, do these 17 things today!" posts, I'm shooting for kind of a "here's today's assignment..." pace.  :)

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
While I also support the other efforts, I'm concentrating all of my attention on the crowd funding appeal up until it doesn't work.  As I said in another thread, once we make an offer to NCSoft, it's definitely possible just the interest in CoH will draw offers from bigger software publishers.  Which is good for us as players anyhow, if NC accepts.  After all, anywhere but here is better right now.

I will still be grateful to anyone willing and able to convince Valve, Perfect World, Electronic Arts, Blizzard, etc to make a bid on City of Heroes.  Remember, speed is of the essence, so the greater the resources we have to save the game, the better.

Not *only* speed, though.  Remember these guys, because they don't deserve what happened either:

P.S.  Does it sound like I'm getting more angry about this as the weekend progresses?  :)

HardRider

• Underling
  • Only HardRider can bring you true peace.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:05 PM »
Patience, my friend, that's definitely on my radar.  I don't want to burn everyone out with "Here, do these 17 things today!" posts, I'm shooting for kind of a "here's today's assignment..." pace.  :)

Na that's cool, I thought i'd suggest it in case no one else had for some reason not thought of it :)

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 12:19:47 AM »
A new unofficial official forums for the community, as per Golden Girl's suggestion. Just starting to get underway, but no reason people can't start registering and posting. http://www.cohforever.org/index.php
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Ironbull

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 02:52:12 AM »
Though I can't offer much help, I will type/write til my hands fall off if needed.  Keep up the fight.  The true heroes are the ones who fight even when others tell them to give up.  Thank you so much for what you are doing.  Hope all goes well.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 03:06:02 AM »
A new unofficial official forums for the community, as per Golden Girl's suggestion. Just starting to get underway, but no reason people can't start registering and posting. http://www.cohforever.org/index.php

Hey - make a forum called Atlas Park, for people just to gather and talk.  It will be a brilliant memory if all else fails.

Zmar

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
You have support here.   Please keep us updated so we can help.  :)Z

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 01:31:38 AM »
Hi guys, Mercedes Lackey here.  I did some serious networking at DragonCon...I was literally JUST checked into the con hotel when I was smashed in the face with the news.  I've hooked the one person in my personal circle of acquaintances who may have a glimmer of pulling any kind of save off with the City Of team and pointed him here.

I'm not going to blow sunshine up anyone's derriere, and I haven't got leave to reveal who I've tapped--and don't let this derail any efforts at coming up with an alternate PLEASE!--but just know we've got people who will do their damndest to save Paragon again.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 02:40:03 AM »
Miss Lackey, it's enough that you were willing to openly state your support.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

voodoogirl

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 02:55:08 AM »
Cross-posting my willingness to help co-ordinate.

Immortal74

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 03:27:15 AM »
Anything that I can help, please let me know... I've started e-mailing the famous youtuber's see if that helps abit .. raywiljohnson etc.. worth a shot..

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »
Oh folks you do NOT want Perfect World to buy COX.  They own Champions online and they will do what they do every time they own a rival  Buy it to kill it forever.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido