Author Topic: Call to Action: Write to NCsoft  (Read 98709 times)

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
Re: Call to Action: Write to NCsoft
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
No news is ... no news?

I had a similar conversation on vent. My friends are not big on forum posting, here or on CoH boards. Their concern is that NcSoft has made the announcement and is just biding their time until November 30th. The more time that passes without any communication bewtween NcSOft and CoH public at large the more the sentiment is going to grow.

Maybe that is what NcSOft is hoping for. No communication isn't  making them look any worse.
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »
No news is ... no news?

I had a similar conversation on vent. My friends are not big on forum posting, here or on CoH boards. Their concern is that NcSoft has made the announcement and is just biding their time until November 30th. The more time that passes without any communication bewtween NcSOft and CoH public at large the more the sentiment is going to grow.

Maybe that is what NcSOft is hoping for. No communication isn't  making them look any worse.

Well there's no way they aren't aware of what we've been doing.  100+ news articles and a 3,000+ player rally have to be getting their attention.  If not then someone over there isn't doing their job. 

No news is no news.  There are endless explanations for this.  However, as far as I know, NCSoft is still in talks with the former Paragon Studios (and apparently investors) concerning the future of the game.  I imagine our first bit of communication from them will include the provisions of those.

Ever the optimist, I prefer to tell myself that NCSoft is simply biding their time to make the best use of the press they're getting.  Whether that means waiting until our media momentum is at it's peak to announce that the game will be saved in some capacity OR waiting until it's died down to say "screw you" again.

Either way, we CANNOT allow them to stall out our efforts.  So do not give up!  Just look at it this way, no bad news is good news! :)

SkyStreak

• Minion
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
I sent my letter last week certified mail with return receipt requested, and just got the receipt back signed by 'Stephanie Keyes.'

Rain Maker

• Minion
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »
Are they?

I'm asking because the media focus in on us mostly because there is so little new information being officially released from anywhere else. I respect a confidential source, especially now that media are starting to look here, but someone has to ask.  I'd much rather ask as a friendly than let a nay-sayer or even a troll be the one to do it.

We have Hit Streak's word on that at the rally.  Paindancer believes CNN is going to accept his article as a mainpage thing rather than the CNN Blog.  Again, I would urge you to turn attention to BUSINESS zines and blogs, because this is new; businesses have been aggressively pursuing Social Network strategies, but that can go both ways.  When they give us access...they give us access to give them a black eye.  This is the non-gamer angle that will interest anyone who goes online.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rain Maker

• Minion
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
  This is the non-gamer angle that will interest anyone who goes online.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think our story is at the very interesting intersection of social media, economics and online gaming. If spun correctly, it could make for some very compelling reading. Personally, I'd love to see CNET, Wired, or The Wall Street Journal  cover it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think our story is at the very interesting intersection of social media, economics and online gaming. If spun correctly, it could make for some very compelling reading. Personally, I'd love to see CNET, Wired, or The Wall Street Journal  cover it.
If we managed to get into the WSJ, I think my head would explode.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »

You hear that, Paindancer?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

worldshaking00

• Underling
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2012, 12:25:21 AM »

Zapping

• Underling
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
If we managed to get into the WSJ, I think my head would explode.

I don't know what its like in Korea, but there is a saying here that if its not in the WSJ then as far as business is concerned it didn't happen  (paraphrasing). 
So how do we make that happen?  I don't have much of a press list, but I'll check with some of my media guys to see if they know anyone there.

Kerr-chung

• Underling
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2012, 02:06:09 AM »
I'm gonna cry, you are AWESOME!

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2012, 02:37:53 AM »
You hear that, Paindancer?

I'm no journalist. And I'm certainly no businesscritter. But if we cross our iReport with the story mentioned in this thread on the main forums (fora? I've always been partial to "fora."), we might get some traction as part of a larger piece on how video games are apparently undergoing the same top-down conglomerating that I'm seeing in Big Pharma.

That's my best idea on getting into WSJ, though.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

ClanXanathos

• Underling
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:01 AM »

MagickBear1

• Underling
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2012, 11:52:52 AM »
i just wanted to pass this post card along from Save Our City Of Heroes on facebook

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »
I sent my letter today.

jimdog33

• Underling
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
Letter written, mailing out Monday.

Sorry for the lateness, my wife & I just had our first baby and I didn't even know about any of this until I logged into CoH today and read my SG msg.

What a total pile of.......

ROBOKiTTY

• Boss
  • KiTTYRiffic
    • KiTTYLand
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2012, 03:19:56 AM »
There's one other thing we might do. What about Korean players, in Korea or otherwise? Also Chinese and Japanese players.

Since NC don't seem too bothered about the North American market, English-language correspondence might be making a limited impact.

However, they are Korean and care about the Korean market. Letters written in real (i.e. not machine-translated) Korean, preferably from actual Korean players, would doubtless have a greater impact. Messages like those may be more likely to reach executives in unaltered form. Chinese/Japanese-language correspondence from Chinese/Japanese players may similarly appeal to their interest in the broader East Asian market.

For the rest of us, we might be living in the wrong market for NC, but writing them in Korean can't hurt. If we have native Korean speakers here, perhaps a translation effort could be coordinated.

This might be a long shot, so no need to pester acquaintances/strangers (unless you want to 8)).
Have you played with a KiTTY today?

Render112

• Underling
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2012, 03:38:14 AM »
선생님,

파라곤 스튜디오 나 영웅 프랜차이즈의 도시를 닫하지 마십시오. 시간 내 주셔서 감사합니다.

Dear Sir,

Please do not close Paragon Studios or the City of Heroes franchise. Thank for your time.

Google translate is ok but I am sure in SOME strange way it could be interpreted to say 'City of Heroes. Tastes like chicken' or something wierd.  :o

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2012, 03:45:07 AM »
I don't know what its like in Korea, but there is a saying here that if its not in the WSJ then as far as business is concerned it didn't happen  (paraphrasing). 
So how do we make that happen?  I don't have much of a press list, but I'll check with some of my media guys to see if they know anyone there.

Emm... the WSJ? Why would they? Doesn't that paper cater to all the people who don't give 2 ****s about the little guy?

Our campaign screams digital Occupy. I don't think they'd touch it with a 10-meter pole.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2012, 06:58:43 AM »
Sent off my letter and masks today.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes