Author Topic: Call to Action: Thank the media  (Read 220520 times)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Thank the media
« Reply #700 on: December 02, 2013, 06:24:45 PM »
There's a rather intriguing article over at PC Power Play.

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/2013/11/no-more-heroes-the-fall-of-the-first-superhero-mmo/

Ha, my main is quoted on the log following the article. Virtue was a train wreck that night.

I remember once on the official forums, years before all this someone was talking about another MMO they had spent time in, that got shut down. They said "When you see those servers go dark for the final time.... that's a really funny feeling." When I read it I felt a chill as if someone had walked on my grave, and thought "I hope that never happens to me."

"Funny" is I guess one way of putting it. I felt like a lost Cosmonaut who finally hears his last radio link with earth die as he floats off into the endless black.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #701 on: December 02, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #702 on: December 02, 2013, 09:30:33 PM »
Ha, my main is quoted on the log following the article. Virtue was a train wreck that night.

I remember once on the official forums, years before all this someone was talking about another MMO they had spent time in, that got shut down. They said "When you see those servers go dark for the final time.... that's a really funny feeling." When I read it I felt a chill as if someone had walked on my grave, and thought "I hope that never happens to me."

"Funny" is I guess one way of putting it. I felt like a lost Cosmonaut who finally hears his last radio link with earth die as he floats off into the endless black.

Wow! My main - Cyberman 8 - is in the first screenshot out in the Shadow Shard!.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #703 on: December 02, 2013, 09:31:46 PM »
Wow! My main - Cyberman 8 - is in the first screenshot out in the Shadow Shard!.
I actually saw that and wondered if it was you.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #704 on: December 02, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »
I actually saw that and wondered if it was you.

If you click on the thumbnail it actually goes to a page where I (or C8 at least) is credited along with the other two people I was showing around. And if you continue to click on that thumbnail, you get the fullscreen image, which is amazing looking. He definitely had the full "Ultra Graphics" package going on that one.

One of them was a contact I'd established in the last couple of months before the closing - a writer for a game magazine (that's SirJD in the photo credit but who actually isn't in the shot. I assume that's he's the "camera man" of this particular screenshot) and I believe that "Airhead Heiress", the redhead standing in the screenshot with C8 was another writer who he brought along that particular day and I sidekicked both of them and took them on a tour of the zones. I think they were most astounded by the Shadow Shard. Just the weirdness of it. I remember one of the two of them mentioning something like "It's Steve Ditko world!"

Author credit is Jamie Dalzell, so yeah - that's probably SirJD.

I still have him as a contact on Steam and occasionally have talked to since the closure. Think I'll check and see if I can find the other articles he mentioned writing.

EDIT: Confirmed - talked to him over Steam - yeah that's his article and yes there was supposed to be one more that's more player perspective oriented but he's still pitching that one. If he gets no takers he'll likely publish it himself "as a standalone article/e-book thing." he says.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 10:16:38 PM by Atlantea »

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #705 on: December 03, 2013, 02:56:35 AM »

Nice screenie, and good-looking character. Although I cant help it, the first thing I thought when I saw your companion was "Cool, MaeMae VonWhooters is checkin' out the Shard."  8)

Ah, the Shard. The place where perhaps the least happened, but still one of the places I miss the most.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #706 on: December 03, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »
Nice screenie, and good-looking character. Although I cant help it, the first thing I thought when I saw your companion was "Cool, MaeMae VonWhooters is checkin' out the Shard."  8)

Ah, the Shard. The place where perhaps the least happened, but still one of the places I miss the most.

That was kinda intentional, standing next to him was my AR/nrg blaster Airhead Heiress.

and I believe that "Airhead Heiress", the redhead standing in the screenshot with C8 was another writer who he brought along that particular day and I sidekicked both of them and took them on a tour of the zones. I think they were most astounded by the Shadow Shard. Just the weirdness of it
  ... err nope.

SirJD (Jamie) wasn't a CoH player, but wanted to see what it was about after the closure announcement for an article, so 8 and I showed him round the world and also 8's spectacular base.

Character bio from Sentinel + "Rich, spoilt and very very stupid, she could have any toys she wanted, which from a very early age were mainly guns. After a couple of accidents, daddy realised that stupidity and heavy weaponry didn't really mix, and paid for some experimental implants which doubled her IQ to nearly normal levels. What does she make for dinner ? Reservations" so more Paris Hilton than Maemae van Whooters.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:38:04 PM by Minotaur »

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #707 on: December 03, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
This is an epic coded "screw you, NCsoft" from War Witch :P

Right about that.  Who knows maybe someone else has finally obtained the studio or something.  No, don't draw assumptions on that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #708 on: December 03, 2013, 06:58:11 PM »
It is more likely that she sees less and less potential for blow back from NCSoft over statements like this one.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #709 on: December 13, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »
It's not the usual sort of media shout-out we're used to seeing, but according to Lee Allred on Twitter:

COH players will enjoy several more moments in FF #15 when it hits the stands next Wednesday. #COHEasterEggs

The discussion (for anyone who didn't already see it) started out with someone noticing the dialogue on page three of the preview for the issue.  You can see it here (page 3 of the comic is page 4 of the preview) and here.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #710 on: December 13, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »
Loved the FF pages, where they're using HeroClix to plan their attack and. . . using an old CoH battle cry with a slight alteration.  :)  That was great fun to read.