Author Topic: Call to Action: Thank the media  (Read 220510 times)

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
Re: Call to Action: Thank the media
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
Also it might be a good idea to start leveraging YouTube, if people can record themselves speaking on exactly what COH means to them, then focus on the human interest angle as well.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »
Also it might be a good idea to start leveraging YouTube, if people can record themselves speaking on exactly what COH means to them, then focus on the human interest angle as well.

I mentioned this in another thread with a podcast idea. I'm not great on video editing, but if somebody has expertise... I would bet that those of us with webcams/camcorders/etc. would be able to email a small bit to somebody who could then make a very cool compilation/plea. :)

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
I've commented on all 3 the stories to this point and reposted them on Facebook. Not much, I know, but doing what I can.

Really need to level-up so I can have more powers.

gribb85

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 05:30:22 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm the author who posted that story on GamerZines.com. I think the best thing you can do is send emails to websites like Eurogamer, VG247, Massively, Gamespot.com, GiantBomb and others letting them know about your cause. A lot of them have links for news tips, so just send them an email talking about group numbers, the petition, what you want to achieve and the sort of options you guys are exploring regarding making your voices known to NCsoft.

As a fan of City of Heroes, it was actually the first MMORPG that properly got its hooks into me, it would be great to see you guys get a response from NCsoft.

Cheers!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm the author who posted that story on GamerZines.com. I think the best thing you can do is send emails to websites like Eurogamer, VG247, Massively, Gamespot.com, GiantBomb and others letting them know about your cause. A lot of them have links for news tips, so just send them an email talking about group numbers, the petition, what you want to achieve and the sort of options you guys are exploring regarding making your voices known to NCsoft.

As a fan of City of Heroes, it was actually the first MMORPG that properly got its hooks into me, it would be great to see you guys get a response from NCsoft.

Cheers!

Thanks for posting the article and thanks for taking the time to come over here and chime in.
You probably know this by now, but it means a lot to all of us.

And, thanks for the tips :)

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »
Yes, it's important to have one single hashtag to give it the best chance of trending - and it should be positive, not negative, so no #NCSoftSucks type stuff.
Be simple and direct:
#savecoh

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
Yes.  We're trying to forming a consensus today on one hastag.  Let's go with #SaveCOH and get ourselves trending.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Terlin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »
Hello, everyone!

Just wanted to let you know there is new article at http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/3164/20120904/city-heroes-shutting-down-ordinary-gamers-make.htm

They have links to the Facebook pages, and the Petition built into the article. Absolutely first rate.

Stormistress

Dead Calm

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »

CursedSorcerer

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
Must keep the story's alive go to them and just post agreements with the person above , if you cant think of anything else to write.

Errm. What if the person above were to post something along the lines of "Why are these idiots trying to revive a terrible game that deserves to die?" I should disagree with that. Yeah.

Jonfan

• Minion
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this one, but Massively has got a big discussion going on CoH. I added my 2 cents and I encourage every here to do the same. Be pro-active.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/31/paragon-studios-closing-city-of-heroes-to-sunset-before-the-end/

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »
few more articles which might be of interest to look at:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/04/we-want-your-most-creative-city-of-heroes-character/
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/04/the-soapbox-social-gaming-wont-destroy-mmos/

found these while perusing everywhere i can for potential media spotlights

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »

MissKyo

• Underling
  • Nothing to see here. Move along.
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 09:39:44 PM »
And another one:

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/3164/20120904/city-heroes-shutting-down-ordinary-gamers-make.htm

I'm so glad to see the news picking up the fight. The word needs to spread to anyone who has ever been a hero!

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Lock-On

• Minion
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »
Two more articles that I've noticed over the weekend not in the list yet.  Here are links.

The escapist magazine had a post on it:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119398-NCsoft-Shuts-Down-City-of-Heroes

And also Comics Alliance as well:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/09/04/city-of-heroes-shutting-down/

Comment threads on both articles are very sympathetic.  It would be nice if we could tap into that somehow.

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 02:32:33 AM »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
Hey all, added several more articles in the OP that have been pointed out to me.  Great job, and keep an eye out.  We've had our coordinators scanning all of these forums and the Internet at large to collect media organizations, and tomorrow we plan on firing off our first official press release.  I've made contact with several good media folks, and we're hoping that within a few days, this will be plastered over most gaming, comic, and tech news sites, and after that, possibly even hitting some mainstream news outlets, too.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »
gonna link this thread from the official forums here

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=296759

it looks like most of the paragon management are potentially looking to see if ncsoft will release the IP, with our media crusade its very possible that they will be able to use it in their arguments