Author Topic: Call to Action: Thank the media  (Read 220516 times)

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Thank the media
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2012, 12:49:04 PM »
Gang, I know most of you have read this, because I see you in the comments. But this Markovia blog is perhaps the most important commentary on the situation I've seen yet.

http://markovia.wgp.org/?p=75#comment-70

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2012, 03:35:31 AM »
So, I don't see this one on the spreadsheet. It dropped this afternoon and is way less upbeat than we want to see.  There is a huge WTF in the third paragraph, though.

"The silver lining of all of this is that according to the news Paragon Studios is looking to develop a whole new Superhero MMORPG and it is supposed to be awesome. We shall see."

Is this hope, or are they completely misreading something?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nerdgumbo/news/?a=67173
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2012, 05:13:07 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Scott Kurtz.

http://pvponline.com/archive/news/2012/09/13
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2012, 08:09:48 AM »
So, I don't see this one on the spreadsheet. It dropped this afternoon and is way less upbeat than we want to see.  There is a huge WTF in the third paragraph, though.

"The silver lining of all of this is that according to the news Paragon Studios is looking to develop a whole new Superhero MMORPG and it is supposed to be awesome. We shall see."

Is this hope, or are they completely misreading something?
This is the second time someone's said PS is looking to go for a new superhero MMORPG. I am almost 100% certain that they're misreading/misunderstanding the "Super Hero MMORPG before the end of the year" part. It's like they don't even see the first half of the sentence.

For one thing, PS doesn't exist anymore so they CAN'T be looking to develop a new superhero MMORPG. For another thing, LOL NOPE.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2012, 02:19:12 PM »
This is the second time someone's said PS is looking to go for a new superhero MMORPG. I am almost 100% certain that they're misreading/misunderstanding the "Super Hero MMORPG before the end of the year" part. It's like they don't even see the first half of the sentence.

For one thing, PS doesn't exist anymore so they CAN'T be looking to develop a new superhero MMORPG. For another thing, LOL NOPE.

They don't exist as an entity, but the people are a talented, passionate bunch who have our support and know it.  Seeing this gave me hope that the people had thought of a way to stay together, at least unofficially.

Then, yeah, I saw that it was submitted by Smacky McNobody who got his/her Bloggery degree from South Holland Institute of Technology.  8)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

marquandDance

• Underling
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Scott Kurtz.

http://pvponline.com/archive/news/2012/09/13

It's also on reddit, I suggest liking it for greater exposure.

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2012, 06:58:17 PM »
Is it possible to re-Sticky this, please?

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »
That is the second of the emails I sent kotaku quickly acted on!  Wow.

I wonder if the message about 'rally not protest' was worded incorrectly though, because now he has the impression the rally was ONLY to thank them.  Did I lay the point too thick?  What say you?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:07:38 PM by Chaos Ex Machina »

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2012, 11:13:44 PM »
That is the second of the emails I sent kotaku quickly acted on!  Wow.

I wonder if the message about 'rally not protest' was worded incorrectly though, because now he has the impression the rally was ONLY to thank them.  Did I lay the point too thick?  What say you?
I think it's okay.  I does a good job of offsetting the rabble-rabble-hate-NCsoft-rabble chatter that's been going on. 

Rae

• Elite Boss
--
@Vandellia

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »

Rae

• Elite Boss
--
@Vandellia

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »
Hi guys,

Sorry for disappearing on you all, I'm working on our next project. I've created a new list on the same spreadsheet for more current media coverage because that last one was getting a bit out of control. It is up to date with everything from this forum up to this post. Keep those links coming in though!

Thanks

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »
Thank you for keeping that updated; it must be time consuming. It's really great to see how wide the coverage is. :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
There is a rumor currently floating around via Twitter that CNN mentioned City of Heroes on the air somewhere around 12:30 am Pacific this morning.  I haven't been able to dig up anything concrete, however.  Anyone know anything about this?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2012, 04:09:30 PM »
There is a rumor currently floating around via Twitter that CNN mentioned City of Heroes on the air somewhere around 12:30 am Pacific this morning.  I haven't been able to dig up anything concrete, however.  Anyone know anything about this?

A Google search for "site:cnn.com City of Heroes" only turns up the iReports (and a buyer's guide that goes back to 2004). If it was on the air last night, they haven't apparently indexed it on their website yet.

Also, CNN's internal search engine is one hot mess.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »
Also, CNN's internal search engine is one hot mess.
Amen.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin