Author Topic: Call to Action: Thank the media  (Read 220513 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Call to Action: Thank the media
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »
I can't actually install the Google toolbar on my laptop, because it's still running XP, so I can't run the latest and greatest versions of the browsers, but it's on my desktop.  I was being quasi-facetious, but it's always been in the back of my mind as we're posting and reading new news pieces.  We're finding them because we're looking for them, but, aside from it being on the internet and, therefore, "out there," what are the odds Average Joe Internet User is going to read it?

That said, we're finding them, so we're affecting those analytics, so we should still be responding and thanking these folks.  I have to get moving, so this guy will have to wait until my bus ride to class. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »
Also, that blog has a weird way of detecting spam bots. It said I was one or that I didn't have cookies enabled on my browser, and since neither are true, I suspect his filters are set poorly.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »
Now, there's a clever way of suppressing dissent. ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Omali

• Underling
« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »
Also, that blog has a weird way of detecting spam bots. It said I was one or that I didn't have cookies enabled on my browser, and since neither are true, I suspect his filters are set poorly.

The comment system should be working a little better now. I've removed Bad Behavior and replaced it with Akismet working full time. The comments may be held for moderation, which is also something I'm working the kinks out of.

As for NCSoft, suffice to say we are not on speaking term, and generally when I contact them with questions my NCSoft account becomes mysteriously disabled for suspected account theft. I've written so many op-eds about NCSoft's poor public relations, unwillingness to try and work with their developers, and waning support in the Western markets over the years that I often presume that my personal stance is already well established.

And for not contacting the SaveCOH campaign, well I'll readily admit my oversights. That and I've been somewhat busy prepping for New York Comic Con. So my ears are open, and not just because your friends at Write No Evil contacted me this morning.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
Glad you're getting the problem(s) fixed, and sorry to hear about your troubles with NCSoft in the past. I will get a comment posted with some links later this evening. Have fun at ComicCon! I do suggest you check out the stickied thread here regarding events on Oct. 20; while you'll be busy, I think that TonyV is planning something for that date at the ComicCon in NY...

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2012, 06:57:06 PM »
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »
I adore Massively. <3
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Viridian Surge

• Underling
« Reply #368 on: October 12, 2012, 04:11:10 AM »
Here's a website discussing the Shutdown of Paragon Studios and City of Heroes, that I came across. (First posting on Aug. 31. 2010. Last post Oct. 6, 2012) :

f13.net forums http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=22559.0

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2012, 03:33:03 AM »
The nice folks over at the "One Life Left" Podcast were nice enough to basically use my email as a news story, play "I Want My City Back", linked to SaveCoH.com and said they support our efforts to save the game. Our coverage is at about the 35:40 mark of episode #181:  http://onelifeleft.libsyn.com/one-life-left-s08e11-181-citizenship-test

I didn't see a way to leave comments, but I'm sure you could drop them an email like I did to get their attention in the first place.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2012, 04:07:23 AM »
Oh, and the "DCUO Show" briefly talked about the SaveCoH efforts on thier show, played "I Want My City Back" anf linked to both the sites and the song. I think it's really cool that we got support from people that are Uber-fans of one of CoH's rivals.

The coverage, what there is of it, comes at the 40:30 mark. And, while they don't say anything "blue" during our story, be warned that the entire episode is not as "work friendly". Here's the link: http://provengamer.com/2012/10/11/the-dcuo-show-issue-40/

Rae

• Elite Boss
--
@Vandellia

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2012, 06:40:41 PM »
Oh, and the "DCUO Show" briefly talked about the SaveCoH efforts on thier show, played "I Want My City Back" anf linked to both the sites and the song. I think it's really cool that we got support from people that are Uber-fans of one of CoH's rivals.

Wow, really? I'm very surprised, as I've been hearing that DCUO doesn't have an atmosphere anything like the CoH community. That's not a place I expected support from.

Omali

• Underling
« Reply #373 on: October 15, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »
http://mmofallout.com/2012/10/14/ncsoft-ignored-potential-buyers-says-report/

I wrote a followup, on the Addicting Info article about the two anonymous investors that were turned down without even being considered by NCSoft. Hopefully whoever is sending people to comment on my previous article via Facebook will see it.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
The article is doing the rounds on the FB groups I'm in. I was just coming here to add it to the list.
--
@Vandellia

Rae

• Elite Boss
--
@Vandellia

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
I been found out!   Yes it's me posting on the Angry Joe Show.
Go Joe, err Rotten! Fight for our Freedom over land and air! (which sounds very fitting for CoH  :P)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »
Lol well I'm not Angry Joe.  But I did send a message to him inviting him to the Media Day event.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
Here's hoping we get some response for that event! ^_^_x