Author Topic: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!  (Read 81637 times)

Yinepuhotep

• Underling
Re: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 09:07:48 PM »
This is amazing.

Thank you!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »
The only things I know of that it doesn't get are:

Wents/Black Market slots (so claim them first!)
Email box
Temporary Powers (including Inherents, but many of these are account-wide)
Souvenirs
Contact Progress

So not perfect, but all in all a pretty good representation.

LightofthePhoenix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
Does it copy every costume file or just the one active at the time of copying?
My CoH documentary class project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcFC197rfQ

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
Every costume and every build on the character is exported simultaneously.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
First, *clears throat to add the dutch accent* Is he Toight like a Toiger?
Second, I think I know who my coding teacher Should have been! :-p
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Dannii

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Thank you, I know it is just 2 small words that doesn't even begin to convey how I feel about being able to save my alter ego.  But with tears of joy in my eyes  all I can say is Thank you.  I also know who should be teaching me code, instead I'm in a school where your lucky if the instructor responds.

agentq

• Boss
  • Founder of Infinity's Anointed Brotherhood PVP SG
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »
Any chance of getting a similar utility for OSX? I'm going to try to get PC version of CoH Running under Wine, and see if i can get this utility to work under Wine as well, but would be great if there was an OSX version as well!

Thanks for all your hard work! I spent some time today spamming help channel with link to the extractor!

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
Thank you very much!  This will make it so much easier to save off characters and keep them archived.  I've been really worrying about that, and was thinking of a long, complex, manual process.  This is a huge win!

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »
Any chance of getting a similar utility for OSX?

That's unfortunately not an option. No one here has access to Mac development or testing, and none of the Cider stuff has even been investigated. )-:

Second, I think I know who my coding teacher Should have been! :-p
I also know who should be teaching me code, instead I'm in a school where your lucky if the instructor responds.

Guy Perfect's Fundamentals of Computer Programming (GP101) is a difficult course that will turn most of what you know about programming on its head. And to pass the course, you'll have to become proficient in stuff you never thought you'd ever have to learn.

But I suppose if there's enough interest, then arrangements can be made. (-:

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 10:48:08 PM »
Currently the XML is pretty raw. But the point is that all the information is there, so if we want to go back later and create more tools to "pretty it up", we can take our time doing that rather than rushing.

For example, it wouldn't be too difficult to make a script that reads that file and generates a .cohdemo that you can then play back using the client -- whether the servers are still around or not -- and view your costumes.

How hard would it be to get the power costomizer working?  I.E., so we could cycle the characters through their power animations? 

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:26 PM »
That's unfortunately not an option. No one here has access to Mac development or testing, and none of the Cider stuff has even been investigated. )-:

If any Mac players live near northeast Tennessee and want to borrow a laptop to run the extractor on, send me a message.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Aquashock

• Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »
I've seen some stirrings about the non-Mac status of things. ;)

Has anyone attempted to make contact with the Mac users via our subforum on the official boards or putting out a call on the more active areas? 

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 11:18:26 PM »
The only things I know of that it doesn't get are:

Wents/Black Market slots (so claim them first!)
Email box
Temporary Powers (including Inherents, but many of these are account-wide)
Souvenirs
Contact Progress

So not perfect, but all in all a pretty good representation.

What about the stuff like time on patrol that's given when you talk to an NPC with a name beginning with M? I had a look through the xml file but didn't see anything obvious.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »
Best of my knowledge, that's the first anyone thought about that.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
Every costume and every build on the character is exported simultaneously.

2 quick questions...

1st... what about already saved and unused costumes? I mean, for a example a given character has unlocked up to 5 costume slots, that goes 5 costumes exported, right? but what if the character had more costumes saved in order to get them cycled from time to time? a char with 10 saved costumes in my computer would have only the 5 active ones exported, or the 10 of them? should I cycle them beforehand to have them somehow saved?

2nd... what about badges? according to what I've read, it's better having the infoself description window open before doing the export trick because that would include the badges, but would it be ALL of them in a single use, or shall we use any command like it happened back with Glycerin or Sentinel when we wanted to verify our badges?
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:18 PM »
or shall we use any command like it happened back with Glycerin or Sentinel when we wanted to verify our badges?
Glycerine and HeroStats required cycling through keybinds to record badges.  Sentinel grabs them all whenever you have your personal info window open.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »
Best of my knowledge, that's the first anyone thought about that.

DeProgrammer really wants this, and when he investigated it himself he found that the information is only ever sent to the client at the moment you click on the NPCs in question.

but what if the character had more costumes saved in order to get them cycled from time to time? a char with 10 saved costumes in my computer would have only the 5 active ones exported, or the 10 of them?

You mean like clicking the Save button on the tailor interface? Those are actually saved to your hard drive already. Check your City of Heroes installation folder for a "costumes" subdirectory. Any file ending in .costume can be kept as a record for the corresponding costume.

2nd... what about badges? according to what I've read, it's better having the infoself description window open before doing the export trick because that would include the badges, but would it be ALL of them in a single use, or shall we use any command like it happened back with Glycerin or Sentinel when we wanted to verify our badges?

The extraction utility only looks for badges in the personal info window (/info_self, etc.), and will extract a list of all badges earned by your character if the window is open.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
DeProgrammer really wants this, and when he investigated it himself he found that the information is only ever sent to the client at the moment you click on the NPCs in question.
*sad clown*
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
Yeah, that was the other big thing that it doesn't get: Power Customizations. I think we found that those are not sent to the client except when you're actually editing them in the tailor interface.

So if you have really complex color choices it might be a good idea to save them separately.

jupiknight

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »
This gives me super hope!! Awesome job~