Author Topic: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!  (Read 81653 times)

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Re: Announcement: Sentinel+ character extractor available!
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
FYI, Test Server's store appears to be completely down at this time, and has been since this morning.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

4thirty5

• Underling
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »
Fantastic tool.  Spent about an hour and a half getting all my characters just on Pinnacle downloaded.

To the codewiz behind this...  You are beyond category.

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2012, 11:36:36 PM »
dont know if this might be relevent or not , but now i can not access the game or any of the web sites  for city , i get  a cannot connect to the server but dont know why i cant access the websites , have tried on multiple computers and my phone

any help is appreciated as i still got 1 account to try to save. thanks in advance.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2012, 11:40:05 PM »
Are you able to ping cityofheroes.com from a command line?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »
the ping times out

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »
Hmm... How about tracert cityofheroes.com?  Does it at least make it out to the internet before it dies?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2012, 12:05:25 AM »
request timed out

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2012, 12:10:11 AM »
Sounds like something kicked in and started blocking outgoing traffic.  You can still get to other places, though?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2012, 12:11:28 AM »
yes i can get anywhere else

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2012, 12:47:00 AM »
Seems almost like your anti-virus/web/firewall saw something it didn't like and automatically blocked CoH from getting out.  I'm not sure what else to look at.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »
Mmm.... question. I know Sentinel can't render any graphics, but are there any utilities that can? Now that I know where the Architect files are, I'd be interested in editing them while I wait for whatever happens to CoH to complete.

Mantic

• Boss
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2012, 06:37:04 AM »
I know Sentinel can't render any graphics, but are there any utilities that can?

Not sure what it is you're looking for... a CoH asset renderer, maybe? Nemerle said something about being able to convert *.geo files, but getting constructed characters/costumes out of memory would be something else.

Perhaps someone has a way of bypassing the latest NCSoft launcher to test if 3D Ripper DX can snag things out of CoH? I haven't figured a way of connecting to the game server without going through the client since the "-project coh" (cohtest/cohbeta) command line was disabled.

Loveclown

• Underling
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2012, 07:56:53 AM »
Guys, I feel like the Doctor in the library...

Spanky the Loveclown has been saved!

I honestly can't thank you enough for this.  Even if nothing else happens, I always still have him as a slightly different collection of 1s and 0s.

May you live long and prosper.

Si

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »
Not sure what it is you're looking for... a CoH asset renderer, maybe? Nemerle said something about being able to convert *.geo files, but getting constructed characters/costumes out of memory would be something else.

I guess so; I don't really know what they would be called. Yeah, I was thinking of something that could form a model of a character from memory...

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »
Setting Sentinel+ to run as administrator worked.

Given that the XML format of the output from Sentinel+ is well-formed, would it be possible to write a convertor that read an XML file from Sentinel+ and either output an mxd file for Mid's Hero Designer or another text format that Mid's could import?

Talos Maltalomar

• Underling
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23:01 AM »
ok reset my firewall , anti-virus and cleared web and reset that ... still cannot access the game , forums, ncsoft .com either or any other site for city.
 tried with 3 differant computers and my google phone across town and still nothing.

thanx for the help and patience with me i really dont know anywhere else to go for help on this issue.

last time it worked fine was the day sentinal + came ,  im just getting frustrated now still have 2 pages of toons to save and cant access them.

i figure all the tech people here might be able to help , thanx again.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2012, 01:42:07 AM »
If it's not just one computer, there's something else in the way.  My first guess was a routing issue somewhere out on the internet, but if everything else is getting out and the CoH related traffic isn't even able to leave your house, that doesn't add up.  The fact that your phone can't reach the CoH website really doesn't make any sense.

Is anyone else you know in the area able to access any of the CoH websites?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2012, 02:06:25 AM »
Possibly relevant question: Where in the world are you?  I mean, geographically?  I don't need your address, but I'm wondering if they're shutting down access to certain countries or something.  I highly doubt that and I don't want to start any rumors, but I'm just curious.

Also, what is the output when you run the tracert command as Eabrace mentioned above?  I don't just mean the final no reply message, but do you see any replies from any routers in the chain?

Regarding the phone, I also suspect that what might be happening is that his Internet router might have some firewall on it that's blocking all traffic from his house to NCsoft.  His phone would be affected if, when he's at home, he's connected via WiFi instead of 3G or 4G.  Try turning the WiFi off on your phone and then getting to the forums or www.cityofheroes.com.  If that works, then it's probably your Internet router.  I can't help you with that (well, I could, but I'm killer busy right now), but try getting into your router configuration, normally via a link such as this one, and looking at your firewall configuration on it.