Author Topic: Just an opinion  (Read 2666 times)

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
Just an opinion
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:48:46 AM »
If we do save the game part of me would prefer that NCsoft sell it to some one else cause frankly if they decided to keep CoH I would be afraid they would pull this shit again in a year or so.

Premmy

• Underling
Re: Just an opinion
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:50:56 AM »
This is my primary intent as well. My hope is to chip in with the efforts trying to get another publisher to pick it up, or for someone to back paragon going independent.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:02:57 AM »
I must agree, a change of developer PUBLISHER would be preferred.  But let's focus on getting the game in a saved state first :)

edit: had to change my blasphemy.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:29:14 AM by emu265 »

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:04:33 AM »
A change of developer? NEVER!
A change of Publisher? Yes!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »
A change of developer? NEVER!
A change of Publisher? Yes!
Doh!  That's what I meant.  I feel like I need to wash my mouth of with soap.  I sorry, I really didn't mean that.  Really.  I'm sorry.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »
I must agree, a change of developer PUBLISHER would be preferred.  But let's focus on getting the game in a saved state first :)

edit: had to change my blasphemy.
Oh I agree I will take a nonclosure by any means we can get it, I'd just prefer NCsoft not have publishing rights any more, maybe a good American Company who would like some steady profits :P

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:38:14 PM »
Hi guys

While I fully agree with your sentiments, I do not believe this will be a problem at all - according to what the Victrix team found out (Shared here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4900.msg47238.html#msg47238), NCSOFT's  parent compant Nexon (wow, they even SOUND evil ... *g*) has no big interest in he US and EU markets. Therefore my best guess would be that IF they work with us, they will be looking to sell the game  - so everyone would be happy.  :) Of course the difficult thing is to convince the guys that they WILL be happy if they sell the game ....

Zos

FitzChivalry

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
Actually, they very much have an interest in the US market. Whether this extends to an interest in CoH is another matter entirely, but a significant part of their reasoning to buy into NCSoft was to try and open doors for themselves.

Interestingly, it may actually be worth contacting Nexon to try and get them on board. We have no solid proof they are involved in Paragons change of direction (although I certainly wouldn't rule it out either). If we could get Nexon to support our attempts on anything, that would be a 14.7% share holder voice shouting in the meetings for us...

Anybody of a more legal and/or PR mind set willing to attempt contact with them?