Author Topic: Testimonials  (Read 45305 times)

Inkitgee

• Underling
  • Realignment!? But I am a HERO.
Re: Testimonials
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »
My story... hah.  Okay here goes.  You can send this if you want.

I didn't play since beta.  In fact I was never aware of when CoH came to be.  I had been out on my first deployment (This is Navy mind you) and a friend of mine asked me if I liked games.  I said yes, in fact I absolutely love games!  They keep my mind active and games usually have a lore which I am very into now that I think about it.  He asked me what I played and I told him World of Warcraft.  He then wrinkled his nose at me.  I inquire to his disposition and he told me about City of Heroes and City of Villains.  My response was a yeah whatever you don't know...  He sure showed me.  I got the game after a long discussion about it with my friend.  I bought the box and looked at it feeling a tad unimpressed.  Even the back of the box looked as if it lacked the beauty that WoW had on it's box but you can't diss until you try.

I put it in, let it patch after download (which took forever for my case) and started up what would be my future virtual home away from home.  The first toon I created, whose name is Seryha, came to be.  Through her I could escape my awful real life and tell all those bad guys where to shove it. 

I want to tell you about this particular time in the Navy.  When I say it was a hard time, I'm NOT exaggerating.  Of course this was back in 2005-2007 and they had just started to allow women into the command.  There was a girl who had come there before I did... a good six months she was there.  We had a supervisor (a chief for those who know that rank) who liked the girl and the girl stupidly liked him back.  The fraternization begins there.  Six months later I arrive fresh from A school feeling scared enough that I will be immediately off the bat working for officers and captains.  First cruise went okay but odd rumors started floating around about me.  Rumors that kept going until six months before I left that command.  They got personal and scary and I was threatened with discipline for things I just was not doing or wasn't a part of.  I developed a sleeping disorder as a way my body reacted to this intense stress.  I didn't know where it was coming from nor did I understand why it was happening to me.  When it came time to come home, I would run to my barracks room and dust off the computer and walk back into Paragon for a few hours of reprieve.  I often had friends on City of Heroes who'd listen to me crying because for the life of me I didn't understand why I was no good and I didn't understand how things could be the way they were.

I then discovered the truth about the fraternization.  I never knew these two were doing what they were doing until my direct superior got drunk enough to tell me.  I understood where the rumors came from right then too; the girl was making up rumors about me to get the attention off of herself and our chief.  I trusted this girl for help with things in the office and to help me with my job.  At this point I was so worthless that I couldn't work properly.  I bet to this day they still talk about the girl who couldn't do anything properly and was always late for work because she'd sleep through her alarms. 

I was the damn scapegoat.

Talking about this brings back really bad memories and it still terrifies me because this will always be with me. 

Paragon City allowed me to do what I needed to do.  Sit back and enjoy running through Skyway while listening to Basement Jaxx and Akon.  It was a place that I didn't need to worry about being yelled at or having someone breathe down my shoulder because they felt I was bad at everything I did.  I had to worry about getting that mission done for Azuria so I can progress onto Kings Row.  I could change my badass outfit for the next badass outfit.  I could have orange hair that wasn't against regulations.  I could talk to people who would welcome me with open arms because I was good at what I did.

Oh no... I'm crying.

Now my virtual home away from home is being yanked from me like a carpet being removed from beneath my feet.  I've now fallen and hit my head.

...  I don't know how to end this so, this is my story.  It's brought back bad memories and made me realize even more why I hope this game doesn't get cut so suddenly.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »
My admiration for all of you who have contributed to this thread is unbounded. ALL of you rose above circumstances that would have made all too many people sit there and beg for help. Instead, like true heroes you all found resolve and courage to face the problems of your day to day life.

So yeah, like many others reading here, I get a bit misty eyed at times. But I also feel quite uplifted at how much this "old" "just another MMO" that so many people are urging us to "get over and move on" has managed to do for each of you. Of course it's just been the medium for the community to spread acceptance and encouragement as needed. Like McLuhan said, though, the medium IS the message.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »
My admiration for all of you who have contributed to this thread is unbounded. ALL of you rose above circumstances that would have made all too many people sit there and beg for help. Instead, like true heroes you all found resolve and courage to face the problems of your day to day life.

So yeah, like many others reading here, I get a bit misty eyed at times. But I also feel quite uplifted at how much this "old" "just another MMO" that so many people are urging us to "get over and move on" has managed to do for each of you. Of course it's just been the medium for the community to spread acceptance and encouragement as needed. Like McLuhan said, though, the medium IS the message.
This.  Couldn't have said it better.  Thank you so much everyone.  Really.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »
CoH is not an escape from reality.  It is a lifeline TO reality.

You are all so much braver than you realize.

Pardon me while I go to the store for more Kleenex.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »
Hunter said it so well.

I'm honored and proud to be a fellow hero with you all in Paragon.

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 02:42:01 AM »
CoH is not an escape from reality.  It is a lifeline TO reality.

You are all so much braver than you realize.

Pardon me while I go to the store for more Kleenex.

*shares her box*

And you're exactly right

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 05:59:57 AM »

For me, that was when I knew that... City of Heroes is more than just an MMO, it's not just a community either... it is a (virtual) city of (real) heroes.

-Now, to hope the guy I'm talking about doesn't see this, 'cause he might kill me. >.>

...as the guy IN this story, all I can add is that I echo Zolgar's sentiments.

I'm Grimm. Hawthorne Grimm, to those who know me over on Virtue. There are those who hate me, and those who--for some weird reason--adore me, same as any of us.

This community has actually saved me more than once, and I'm not sure it even knows it. You see, I tend to have a very 'villain' mindset. Not in a 'I enjoy making people suffer and breaking the law' sort of way, but my first reaction to a problem is to get angry at it, channel that rage, and utterly annihilate whatever has drawn my ire. It's a very proactive outlook, it's helped me a few times, but there's one area it just hangs on my neck like an albatross forged of Impervium: social interaction. People.

I don't handle people well, socially. I can analyze someone and determine the best way to manipulate or influence them, but that's not really 'handling someone,' that's kind of being an emotionless d-bag. It makes me a great salesman, but a terrible friend most of the time. You see, I'm also in the autism spectrum; specifically, I have Asperger's. I don't "get" people on that instinctual, empathic level most of you do.

So my initial reaction to a difficult challenge, to dig in my heels and smack the crap out of it(metaphorically speaking) doesn't really work with people. City of Heroes showed me there are people out there who understand, people who don't care about my failings and value me anyway. Friends. -Family,- in the truest sense of the word and not just biological, genetic derivative. I'm honestly not sure I'd be alive right now, without that.

You see, I also believe I have undiagnosed clinical depression. I don't think I need to spell out what comes with that territory. Dark thoughts, horribly self-destructive impulses. City of Heroes anchored me. Gave me purpose. It helped me take those dark, awful feelings and wrangle them into the light, then obliterate them with roleplay, or just a really good Task Force surrounded by good people. This was the first time City of Heroes saved me.

The second, is the story Zolgar told. That was the day it was cemented, in my heart, in my mind, in my very soul that Paragon City was more home to me than any physical place I'd ever lived in. The people of Paragon City, this virtual world, were the kind of people I wanted as my neighbors. They were, and still are, my true family.

The third is more recent...and perhaps, still an act in progress, but I'll get to that in a bit. There's one side-story I'd like to tell, just another reason City is so important to me.

The Incarnate powers had just released. The Alpha slot, the new shiny, was brought forth to the world of City of Heroes. Every villain, every hero, and all points in-between scrambled to obtain the new powers for themselves as friends and enemies did likewise. My original surviving character, Hawthorne Grimm, stepped up to earn his Alpha boost as well. It took some time, but I had almost all of the pieces together. I needed one last component, and some spare shards. A Lady Grey Task Force would give me what I needed, but it was late at night. I broadcast for help over The Cape Radio's global channel. Several people answered the call, but two note worthy individuals still stand out. @Aelya, better known as Ridia Bledpetal aka DJ Anarchy of The Cape Radio; and Ren Inferno. I'd seen both around, but not really interacted with them heavily until that night. I now consider both to be good friends.

I was building the team, and we needed control. So I hit the search function. I need to pause here, because I need to go off on one final tangent. (I know, I know. Almost need a bloody flow chart for this thing, right? Sorry!)

I'm an aspiring writer. My chosen genre is urban fantasy. I love the mix of mundane, modern elements with that extra special spice only the truly fantastic can give us. Perhaps that's why I adore superheroes so much. There are many great authors in this genre already, and I like most of them, but one in particular has inspired me to keep writing, and keep trying. One author touches my mind and sparks my muse more than any other, and that author is Jim Butcher. I could gush all day about how awesome The Dresden Files are, but it's better if I just sum it up: I'm a big fan.

So imagine my surprise, when I saw Harry Dresden, a level 50 Controller, show up on my search for a control AT. I had learned, previously, that Jim Butcher played CoH intermittently, and as Harry, but I remained skeptical. I checked their global handle, which (roughly) matched the player name. I nearly stopped breathing from excitement. I took a few breaths, and somehow managed to type a coherent private message to my hero and inspiration, asking if he would be interested in joining us. While he initially declined, he later pinged me back and asked if we still needed control. I about passed out from shock, and miraculously managed a coherent reply to the affirmative and invited him.

The TF went relatively quickly until Hamidon. Harry was our only controller, so it was understandable that the fight took us a bit. We persevered, however, and emerged victorious. It is worth noting that most of us were in character for portions of this Task Force. We finished the Task Force, and I obtained the final piece of Incarnate salvage I needed. I crafted, and then slotted, my oldest surviving character's Alpha boost, achieving proper Incarnate status, because of my literary hero's assistance while playing as my favorite character of his. Harry Dresden made me Incarnate.

I'll carry the memory of that night with me to my grave. City of Heroes let me spend time with my hero, my inspiration, punching evil in the face for great and glorious justice. From that night came two great friendships, and those friendships are directly responsible for the story Zolgar told.

The third time...is when City helped save me from myself. Sort of. Or rather, it's still trying to save me from myself. Two weeks ago, we were all informed that our virtual world was ending. Grimmy went down a very, very, very dark hole. Remember that whole 'get angry, smash' reaction? Yeah. Except, I had nothing to smash. I couldn't very well go kick down NCSoft's door, no matter how much I might have entertained the idea. I was dwelling in the negative, curling in on myself. I would have made a Sith stop and go "Dude, that's a little extreme."

And someone did call me on it. It went about as poorly as one could predict, and Grimmy made a complete ass of himself, in predictable fashion. It looked like I was going to just fade into the depression and anger. Then last Saturday, the Unity Rally happened. I never expected that kind of a turn out. Thirty-three instances of Atlas Park? You people are amazing! Virtue, full? Multiple servers showing login queues as we continued to generate multiple instances of Atlas Park on multiple servers?

...and I realized...this wasn't an enemy you seek out and destroy. This wasn't an enemy that negativity, anger, hatred, or depression could defeat. It would require a new strength, a different kind of strength. The strength of a hero. An entire community came together and stood on the steps of their City Hall, and I stood with them.

For the first time in a long time, I'm fighting that negativity and trying to draw strength from other sources. The determination to stand our ground, to never give up hope, and the knowledge that if we falter or fail, our strength of will cannot be broken. We are not alone. We do not stand against the darkness by ourselves. We have an entire city to back us, a city brought together by the developers, a city made welcome by the community relations team, but a city given life by us, the players. A City of Heroes.

I am proud to stand among you. We are heroes. This is what we do.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »
...as the guy IN this story, all I can add is that I echo Zolgar's sentiments.

I'm Grimm. Hawthorne Grimm, to those who know me over on Virtue. There are those who hate me, and those who--for some weird reason--adore me, same as any of us.

This community has actually saved me more than once, and I'm not sure it even knows it. You see, I tend to have a very 'villain' mindset. Not in a 'I enjoy making people suffer and breaking the law' sort of way, but my first reaction to a problem is to get angry at it, channel that rage, and utterly annihilate whatever has drawn my ire. It's a very proactive outlook, it's helped me a few times, but there's one area it just hangs on my neck like an albatross forged of Impervium: social interaction. People.

I don't handle people well, socially. I can analyze someone and determine the best way to manipulate or influence them, but that's not really 'handling someone,' that's kind of being an emotionless d-bag. It makes me a great salesman, but a terrible friend most of the time. You see, I'm also in the autism spectrum; specifically, I have Asperger's. I don't "get" people on that instinctual, empathic level most of you do.

So my initial reaction to a difficult challenge, to dig in my heels and smack the crap out of it(metaphorically speaking) doesn't really work with people. City of Heroes showed me there are people out there who understand, people who don't care about my failings and value me anyway. Friends. -Family,- in the truest sense of the word and not just biological, genetic derivative. I'm honestly not sure I'd be alive right now, without that.

You see, I also believe I have undiagnosed clinical depression. I don't think I need to spell out what comes with that territory. Dark thoughts, horribly self-destructive impulses. City of Heroes anchored me. Gave me purpose. It helped me take those dark, awful feelings and wrangle them into the light, then obliterate them with roleplay, or just a really good Task Force surrounded by good people. This was the first time City of Heroes saved me.

The second, is the story Zolgar told. That was the day it was cemented, in my heart, in my mind, in my very soul that Paragon City was more home to me than any physical place I'd ever lived in. The people of Paragon City, this virtual world, were the kind of people I wanted as my neighbors. They were, and still are, my true family.

The third is more recent...and perhaps, still an act in progress, but I'll get to that in a bit. There's one side-story I'd like to tell, just another reason City is so important to me.

The Incarnate powers had just released. The Alpha slot, the new shiny, was brought forth to the world of City of Heroes. Every villain, every hero, and all points in-between scrambled to obtain the new powers for themselves as friends and enemies did likewise. My original surviving character, Hawthorne Grimm, stepped up to earn his Alpha boost as well. It took some time, but I had almost all of the pieces together. I needed one last component, and some spare shards. A Lady Grey Task Force would give me what I needed, but it was late at night. I broadcast for help over The Cape Radio's global channel. Several people answered the call, but two note worthy individuals still stand out. @Aelya, better known as Ridia Bledpetal aka DJ Anarchy of The Cape Radio; and Ren Inferno. I'd seen both around, but not really interacted with them heavily until that night. I now consider both to be good friends.

I was building the team, and we needed control. So I hit the search function. I need to pause here, because I need to go off on one final tangent. (I know, I know. Almost need a bloody flow chart for this thing, right? Sorry!)

I'm an aspiring writer. My chosen genre is urban fantasy. I love the mix of mundane, modern elements with that extra special spice only the truly fantastic can give us. Perhaps that's why I adore superheroes so much. There are many great authors in this genre already, and I like most of them, but one in particular has inspired me to keep writing, and keep trying. One author touches my mind and sparks my muse more than any other, and that author is Jim Butcher. I could gush all day about how awesome The Dresden Files are, but it's better if I just sum it up: I'm a big fan.

So imagine my surprise, when I saw Harry Dresden, a level 50 Controller, show up on my search for a control AT. I had learned, previously, that Jim Butcher played CoH intermittently, and as Harry, but I remained skeptical. I checked their global handle, which (roughly) matched the player name. I nearly stopped breathing from excitement. I took a few breaths, and somehow managed to type a coherent private message to my hero and inspiration, asking if he would be interested in joining us. While he initially declined, he later pinged me back and asked if we still needed control. I about passed out from shock, and miraculously managed a coherent reply to the affirmative and invited him.

The TF went relatively quickly until Hamidon. Harry was our only controller, so it was understandable that the fight took us a bit. We persevered, however, and emerged victorious. It is worth noting that most of us were in character for portions of this Task Force. We finished the Task Force, and I obtained the final piece of Incarnate salvage I needed. I crafted, and then slotted, my oldest surviving character's Alpha boost, achieving proper Incarnate status, because of my literary hero's assistance while playing as my favorite character of his. Harry Dresden made me Incarnate.

I'll carry the memory of that night with me to my grave. City of Heroes let me spend time with my hero, my inspiration, punching evil in the face for great and glorious justice. From that night came two great friendships, and those friendships are directly responsible for the story Zolgar told.

The third time...is when City helped save me from myself. Sort of. Or rather, it's still trying to save me from myself. Two weeks ago, we were all informed that our virtual world was ending. Grimmy went down a very, very, very dark hole. Remember that whole 'get angry, smash' reaction? Yeah. Except, I had nothing to smash. I couldn't very well go kick down NCSoft's door, no matter how much I might have entertained the idea. I was dwelling in the negative, curling in on myself. I would have made a Sith stop and go "Dude, that's a little extreme."

And someone did call me on it. It went about as poorly as one could predict, and Grimmy made a complete ass of himself, in predictable fashion. It looked like I was going to just fade into the depression and anger. Then last Saturday, the Unity Rally happened. I never expected that kind of a turn out. Thirty-three instances of Atlas Park? You people are amazing! Virtue, full? Multiple servers showing login queues as we continued to generate multiple instances of Atlas Park on multiple servers?

...and I realized...this wasn't an enemy you seek out and destroy. This wasn't an enemy that negativity, anger, hatred, or depression could defeat. It would require a new strength, a different kind of strength. The strength of a hero. An entire community came together and stood on the steps of their City Hall, and I stood with them.

For the first time in a long time, I'm fighting that negativity and trying to draw strength from other sources. The determination to stand our ground, to never give up hope, and the knowledge that if we falter or fail, our strength of will cannot be broken. We are not alone. We do not stand against the darkness by ourselves. We have an entire city to back us, a city brought together by the developers, a city made welcome by the community relations team, but a city given life by us, the players. A City of Heroes.

I am proud to stand among you. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Silly me. To think I'd start a Friday out without weeping.

That's what I get for reading this thread.

You know, Drake...for somebody who claims you don't "get" people... you do a good job faking it. Seems to me that you're starting to "get" yourself.

I'm honored to call you a fellow hero.

And this fight is FAR from over, people.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »

OCTAGON

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
I am really bad at writing but here it goes;

I started playing CoH when it launched in the EU.
I had only recently been freed from an abusive husband thanks to him being deported from my country.
Needless to say I was very fragile and had not yet realised that the reason I kept breaking down was out of fear of him coming back not because I loved him.
My mother had decided to take his side in the whole mess and quite openly told me that she felt sad that such a wonderful man have had the misfortune to meet someone as horrible as me.

I spent probably 18h every day on CoH as it was my way of completely hiding from everything, which was in fact just what I needed at the time, the real world had reached such a point that it was just too horrible to face.
As the months went by I managed to become the first fire/fire blaster to 50 on my server and I started meeting people who treated me less like a monster and horrible person and more like a normal person.
I started realising that they saw me as a kind hearted person and as a great friend to have, which of course radically clashed with what I had been led to believe all those years before.
I continued playing and a few years later after getting help from a shrink I stopped all contact with my family.
It had reached a point were I knew that it was either; "staying in touch and never getting better" or; "cutting all bonds and focusing on me and what I needed".
Thanks to the many online friends I had through CoH that I could talk to every day it was possible to do this radical change and it probably saved my life.

In August of 2008 I met a robot on the dome shaped roof bit of the City Hall in Atlas Park.
I said hello and we started chatting, it was around 4 in the morning so wasn't a lot of heroes around apart from us.
Even though he was a lowbee I teamed up with him on one of my lvl50's and joined him for some mission arcs in the Hollows.
We had the same view on things and the same horrible sense of humour and just hit it off.
I kept logging on every day hoping he'd be online and was devastated when I found out he had a GF.
But I decided I wasn't going to be "that girl" who breaks up relationships and steals BF's so we just stayed friends and I didn't tell him how I felt.

In late January the next year he finally told me he had broken up with his GF and he told me that he wanted to know whether I had any feelings for him.
We started talking over Skype every day for hours on end and kept playing CoH any chance we got.
In September of that year he came over and visited me for 2 weeks and things were just great, we had no horribly annoying habits and we seemed to agree on all the big and important things in life.
So the year after in March I pulled a suitcase with my desktop PC in and a hand luggage containing my flat screen monitor through 50cm of snow + snowstorm to get on a midnight bus to an international airport.
6h later I got on a plane for the UK and I have never looked back.

We are still together and we are still as madly in love as we were all those years ago if not even more so.
Have been looking on rings and pondering about date for getting married in the next year.
We still love playing CoH and were devastated to hear that they are planning to pull the plug.

This game has saved many peoples lives by making them bearable and giving them someone to talk to.
I have met people I've been able to help just as I once found people who helped me.
It's been so much more than a game for all of us; it's been part of our lives and in the darkest of times the very best and brightest part.
And now NCSoft is planning on just ripping it out and shutting it down.
.:Home Sweet Union:.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »
I have no story to share about how City of Heroes has saved my life or helped me cope with being a shut-in.

I will say that psychologists recognise role-playing as a potent therapeutic tool. Children instinctively know the value of playing "let's pretend" and play-act at adult roles all the time.

We here play at being superheroes. Superheroes rescue the innocent and oppose the unjust. Superheroes unite right with might. Superheroes work as a team, hopefully a well-oiled one, like a football or soccer team, to surmount odds that they could never hope to overcome alone.

When NC-Soft dropped their "our company isn't doing well so we're just arbitrarily quitting, go home" bomb, only the most naive cubicle-drone could be so blind as not to see the "Save Paragon Movement" coming, just as soon as the shock wore off. We have been trained for eight years to think in terms of "banding together to fight injustice and save our city."

NC-Soft and Nexon may know business and software, but they know nothing about human psychology. By summarily dismissing the Paragon staff, who had just released two new powersets and were on the verge of a major new update, they have foolishly cast themselves as The Heartless Corporation, trampling their employees and customers in a mindless pursuit of profit (unfairly, they're hosting job fairs for the devs, but perception trumps reality.)

This very movement is its own testimonial.

Uniquely among genres, superheroes whisper encouragements to our highest, noblest instincts, and few of us are so debased and cynical that we ignore that whisper.

"I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride."

Superheroes are good and true, therefore they endure. In the form of the gods of myth they survived the ages. They survived Hitler's war. They survived McCarthy and Wertham and the Comics Code. They survived social turbulence and the generation gap. They survived deconstruction by the finest minds in the industry. They have always returned, reinvented and stronger than ever.

"Why do we fall?"

Therefore I predict: City of Heroes will survive this and endure, or it will somehow rise miraculously from its apparent death like the mythical phoenix.

"They can be a great people... they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way."

Have faith.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 06:47:01 PM »
(In a slight update to my story, we were back in court today. The appeal was dismissed and the conviction stands, which is awesome. I felt the need to share.)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »
(In a slight update to my story, we were back in court today. The appeal was dismissed and the conviction stands, which is awesome. I felt the need to share.)

Very glad to hear that. Hugs and good cheer for all!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »

That is wonderful!
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2012, 08:49:47 PM »

<great big hug>
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »
Excellent news, rae - this should be quite a relief for you s0o I am extremely happy to read this!
/em hugebigcelebratoryhug[TM]

Zos

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
That's great news, Rae! I hope they keep him locked away for a long time! (if he is locked away?)
And I'm glad your story got a happy ending, Octagon! :D

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »
Collected, and sent to Mild Mannered Reporter at Massively.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2012, 12:17:31 AM »
(Thanks so much - trying so hard not to derail this thread. Sadly he got a community sentence and a whopping fine, so no jail time this time around.  But a conviction is a conviction, so it's all good. Thanks so much for all the kind words. They mean the world right now.  *group hug*)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2012, 12:29:51 AM »
(Thanks so much - trying so hard not to derail this thread. Sadly he got a community sentence and a whopping fine, so no jail time this time around.  But a conviction is a conviction, so it's all good. Thanks so much for all the kind words. They mean the world right now.  *group hug*)

Such a shame.. he got run over by a car.. 5 times.. while doing his community service.. Funny thing, it was a pickup truck from the US.. >.>