Author Topic: "Bait and Switch"/Fraud Class Action Suit?  (Read 29260 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: "Bait and Switch"/Fraud Class Action Suit?
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45:03 AM »
Luckily you won't have to wait until November now....and should receive back all your unused pre-paid time in cash :)

So Yay :)

Yep

<dusts off hands>

Guess that closes the door on this thread!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »
Yep

<dusts off hands>

Guess that closes the door on this thread!

Sort of.  And I find it really interesting that they'd not worked any of this out beforehand.  I mean, this should have been worked out in between when the executives made their decision and when it was announced and implemented.  Personally I find it really interesting that this only happened after we seriously started talking about "is this legally actionable"...  Remember what Olantern said about avoiding litagation in the first place in his discourses about the legal aspects?  Somehow I feel this is related.

So, they've done somethng they've never done before.  Theyv'e blinked.  So, what do we do next?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »
Sort of.  And I find it really interesting that they'd not worked any of this out beforehand.  I mean, this should have been worked out in between when the executives made their decision and when it was announced and implemented.  Personally I find it really interesting that this only happened after we seriously started talking about "is this legally actionable"...  Remember what Olantern said about avoiding litagation in the first place in his discourses about the legal aspects?  Somehow I feel this is related.

So, they've done somethng they've never done before.  Theyv'e blinked.  So, what do we do next?

Check out my "Light A Fire" threads.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Terrafan

• Underling
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 01:41:14 AM »

NCsoft DID also offer refunds AS WELL as time for other games when they shuttered TR.  This is not totally unprecedented.   Someone in the discussion thread of this announcement on the COH forums posted the TR shutdown letter, and in one part it does specifically mention refunds. 

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2012, 01:44:28 AM »
NCsoft DID also offer refunds AS WELL as time for other games when they shuttered TR.  This is not totally unprecedented.   Someone in the discussion thread of this announcement on the COH forums posted the TR shutdown letter, and in one part it does specifically mention refunds.

Okay.  But if they had an already established policy, why wasn't it ready to go as soon as they announced this to the world?  why make us wait 3 weeks?

Terrafan

• Underling
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2012, 01:49:35 AM »
That I do not know, and I'm not willing to speculate.

Perhaps their legal team still had to look over the release document.  Perhaps our protests did make them take pause.  Perhaps they really and truly care SO little for us that coordinating the shutdown announcement and this one was of absolutely no concern.  (wouldn't surprise me if the payment division wasn't involved in the decision, and thus..wouldn't have known either).

There's no factual evidence to draw a conclusion from.