Author Topic: I Don't Understand the Twitter Feed  (Read 2637 times)

Sailboat

• Boss
I Don't Understand the Twitter Feed
« on: September 20, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »

BobMc

• Lieutenant
Re: I Don't Understand the Twitter Feed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »
I'm new to Twitter too, having joined on the night of the Unity Rally while standing around Virtue.

@McNameeRobert on Twitter

@BobMc in game

I know some posts have an "expand conversation" that lets you see more context, but otherwise I'm bumbling along in this new medium too. Have a half dozen followers plus seem to have a couple add and vanish a day or so later all the time :)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:25:24 PM by BobMc »
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: I Don't Understand the Twitter Feed
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
Since I only really started using Twitter (for more than just listening to what others have to say) when NCsoft dropped the bomb and we fired the Titan feed back up, I know exactly what you're going through trying to figure this stuff out.  :)

(For better or worse, all but about 6 of the tweets on the Titan feed since then have been me.)

There should be a  "view conversation" option on the tweet you quoted.  Typically, clicking on that should expand the tweet and allow you to see the entire conversation.  I do notice on that one, however, that you're missing the bit in the middle.

Titan Network ‏@thetitannetwork

Interviews recorded for X106.3 in Huntington, WV with Samuel Hedlund, Mercedes Lackey, and Tony Vasquez: http://savecoh.livecreatively.net/  #SaveCOH

Jasen Six Jasen Six ‏@justjasen

@thetitannetwork hehe called him Tony Velaquez... VASQUEZ! If this were a NM radio station they would have said it right ;)

Titan Network ‏@thetitannetwork

@justjasen Yeah, I think we all giggled a little when he said that.

It might be missing because I didn't retweet Jasen's reply.  We had to cut back a bit on retweeting because we were being a little too spammy and a) it was annoying people, b) Twitter apparently has a limit on the number of tweets you can post in a 24-hour period which also counts retweets.  I locked up our ability to post a few times last week.

The differences between views you can see still frustrates me a bit from time to time.  If you look at https://twitter.com/thetitannetwork, you'll see everything we've sent out and every mention that's been made of us in a tweet in chronological order of when the posts were made.

If you're following us and looking at your "Home" view, you'll only see the tweets we send out (along with the tweets anyone else you're following sends), so it'll be a bit one-sided.

If you look under "Connect", there are two options. Interactions will show you every time someone has mentioned you, added you to their list of people to follow, retweeted you, or replied to one of your tweets.  Mentions will only show you every time someone has mentioned you in a tweet.

And if you search for #SaveCOH, you'll initially be shown a "Top" list of what Twitter thinks are the most important messages using that hashtag.  In order to see all of the traffic in chronological order, you can click "All".
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov