Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714471 times)

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2012, 11:45:16 AM »
They're destroying my world.  I aim to misbehave.
Most definitely!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »
Wait till you see Nigel Smythe's post on www.cccpgroup.us
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2012, 05:48:45 AM »
Just did a search for "NCSoft shares" on Google to see if any of our pages come up, and this thread was the first to pop up. Bottom  of the third page.  :)

Beodren

• Underling
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
Point is they bounced up heavily anyway...
I would advise offensive action. If I am correct a lot of gaming branch uses Twitter, right? Would we be able to trend a catchy anti NCSoft #tag (MMO killer is too close to us gamers, while sucks is just crude and impolite. Best would be opinion of person knowing a bit more about PR), their stocks would have to take a hit, not to mention a heavy bad PR. Problem may lie in fact, we lost a lot of people during silent period, so we might have to search for others, believing NCSoft needs to change ttheir approach.

Just throwing out an idea, because well... high spirits are all fun and games, but against everything, whoever bought NCSoft action at the very bottom had a pleasant suprise. Something, we definitly didn't wanted.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2012, 02:39:53 AM »
Just did a search for "NCSoft shares" on Google to see if any of our pages come up, and this thread was the first to pop up. Bottom  of the third page.  :)
The way to get our stuff come up on the first page is to link to it every chance you get.  Your blog, facebook, anyplace you can post to, comments sections on Massively and other gaming sites.  Link to the posts on www.cccpgroup.us; the front page is ALL NCSoft criticism now and will remain so, but the only way for it to become visible is for links to be made to it.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2012, 02:46:23 AM »
I'm trying... not easy when your not used to communicating.  Curse you NCsoft your making me Socialize!

On a side note ... new keyboard smaller keys... hmm not sure how I feel about it but it's fancy.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »
You know, something that occurs to me. The major cause of our ire is the disconnect between the work culture of North America and the work culture of Korea.

Many of us have vowed to avoid doing business with NCSoft ever again.

Our cause, being a public face of that cultural dissonance, is something that may very well spread outside of the gaming industry. I certainly have been working my contacts to make them aware of the consequences of this dissonance being left unresolved as far as it relates to their industry.

If a company betrays the trust of its loyal customers, what grounds do they have to avoid being mistrusted by the companies they would wish to work with in the future?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2012, 02:51:18 AM »
This may (or may not have) been mentioned before. Since after 11/30 the general agreement is that NC Soft won't see another penny from us. Is there anyway to contact game stores that sell boxed games or product keys online and make it known that they risk losing customers by offering the games? I don't see big corporate chain stores like Game Stop giving in, but a few locally owned ones might, right?

:( My measly suggestion. I wish we had the numbers WoW does, then we could just take over the world.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2012, 02:59:07 AM »
I wouldn't punish a suppler just because they have a game on the shelf.  Working at a corner store some items come in bulk from the main company and others from orders from the store itself.  Then you have contracts agreements signed before any issues came up.

Our problem is not that CoX closing it's how it was closed the cold termination of a thriving studio (Paragon Studios).  The Silent treatment and the resulting feeling of we are seen as nothing important to NCsoft.  This is increased more so by the timing of the announcement.  Right after GW2, During the Labor day weekend in the US (big chunk of the western market) and then the news of Bit... I mean Blades and souls.  This gives the impression they were trying to hide the closing of City of Heroes in the news and Holiday bursts.  This is also enhanced by the time of year.  November and December Big Christmas buying times... time when game sales go up.

So by cutting us off at this time they in cress the chance someone will by GW2 or B&S for a replacement.  What they didn't expect is the Loud SaveCoH movement as stated by Positron.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »
Indeed.

To be truthful, I hold no qualms about buying NCSoft.

I have phrased it that way for a particular reason.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2012, 03:07:24 AM »
Indeed.

To be truthful, I hold no qualms about buying NCSoft.

I have phrased it that way for a particular reason.

I believe you termed it 'Corporate Vikingry'?

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2012, 03:17:43 AM »
I believe you termed it 'Corporate Vikingry'?

Not so crassly. Most people would look at the term and think of something illegal.

I have nothing more than the intention to position myself in such a way such that they have no choice but to listen to what I have to tell them. By this I mean eventually accumulating more shares than Nexon. This is, after all, an extremely long-term plan.

- Albert Einstein

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2012, 03:26:43 AM »
Might be a much shorter term plan if we could manage to dip the price of shares to 100 Yuan with our actions.

Mind, that would be a...400% decrease in the stock price?  Methinks we would need a front page story on CNN to do that.

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2012, 03:29:46 AM »
Might be a much shorter term plan if we could manage to dip the price of shares to 100 Yuan with our actions.

Mind, that would be a...400% decrease in the stock price?  Methinks we would need a front page story on CNN to do that.

Are you perhaps implying what I suspect you may be implying, dear wordsmith?

^_^
- Albert Einstein

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2012, 03:38:38 AM »
Are you perhaps implying what I suspect you may be implying, dear wordsmith?

^_^

Alas, no, except in that we need a MUCH higher level of visibility than we have.  I don't think it's out of the question to actually get it, but the odds are not in our favor, and NCSoft would have to be caught doing something seriously illegal.

Terwyn

• Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2012, 03:40:23 AM »
I think it would be even bigger than CNN than you think. It would possibly be (in the game world sense) something on the scale of  the Libor rate fiddling that Barclays did. Yep, for you to drop it *that* much (especially when it is trading at above 200,000 yen right now), to get it down to 100 KRW, they would have to be dealing in something *seriously* illegal.

Actually, yen is the Japanese currency, the Korean currency is the Won. NCSoft is currently trading at the equivalent of ~15000 yen.
- Albert Einstein

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2012, 03:44:41 AM »
Actually, yen is the Japanese currency, the Korean currency is the Won. NCSoft is currently trading at the equivalent of ~15000 yen.

To be more useful, that's about $187.45 CDN, or $187 US.   Give or take a few cents for exchange rates.

Oh, and by 'illegal', do we mean something along the lines of forging a letter, or otherwise presenting falsehood as fact?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2012, 04:02:33 AM »
To be more useful, that's about $187.45 CDN, or $187 US.   Give or take a few cents for exchange rates.

Oh, and by 'illegal', do we mean something along the lines of forging a letter, or otherwise presenting falsehood as fact?

Depends.  If you are talking about Tabula Rasa, that is "old news".  If you are talking about something brand new, especially once we can cite Tabula Rasa and point out it out as showing a history of deception...well now you are talking.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2012, 04:13:49 AM »
Depends.  If you are talking about Tabula Rasa, that is "old news".  If you are talking about something brand new, especially once we can cite Tabula Rasa and point out it out as showing a history of deception...well now you are talking.
Hmm.  We should probably try to get in touch with ex-Paragon Studios folks then.  If anyone would have that kind of ammo against NC, it'd likely be them.  After all, unless someone knows something I don't, we've already discussed their behavior towards their customers, and apparently their habit of revaluing the worth of their IPs to justify their stock prices isn't enough.

Now, if NC acted in bad faith towards their employees when Paragon Studios was closed & gutted, well... that would be a big bullet for our guns, wouldn't it?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »
Hmm.  We should probably try to get in touch with ex-Paragon Studios folks then.  If anyone would have that kind of ammo against NC, it'd likely be them.  After all, unless someone knows something I don't, we've already discussed their behavior towards their customers, and apparently their habit of revaluing the worth of their IPs to justify their stock prices isn't enough.

Now, if NC acted in bad faith towards their employees when Paragon Studios was closed & gutted, well... that would be a big bullet for our guns, wouldn't it?

Well now, you have to remember that what is LEGAL and what is INTERESTING are two different things.  For instance, apparently it is not fraudulent for NCSoft to value all their IPs together at about $3m for tax purposes, yet tell their stockholders that CoH itself is worth $80m.  It's not fraudulent...but it's not ethical, and I bet their stockholders don't know that little tidbit of information.  And that is the sort of thing they would find very difficult to explain to a CNN business reporter.