Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714335 times)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #2320 on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »
I'm honestly unsure who to root for here, but as NCSoft is actually dealing with us now on the IP sale, I'm inclined to think the devil we know is better than the one we don't.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2321 on: February 18, 2015, 01:06:38 AM »
I don't know, as time goes by, the devil we don't know looks more appealing.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #2322 on: February 18, 2015, 02:29:26 AM »
I'm honestly unsure who to root for here, but as NCSoft is actually dealing with us now on the IP sale, I'm inclined to think the devil we know is better than the one we don't.

Agreed, I'm worried that if Nexon takes over we'll lose all the progress we made with NCSoft. Especially if there's hard feeling between the two. Cause I think Nexon wouldn't want to work with us for the simple fact NCSoft was willing to give us a deal.

Either way we'll have to wait and see....

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #2323 on: February 19, 2015, 05:46:40 AM »
Well I think it has absolutely nothing to do with us or any of the "western" MMOs as some on various other boards have suggested.  NA/EU has always been looked at as small potatoes compared to Asia.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2324 on: March 13, 2015, 01:35:16 AM »
Now I find this interesting.  Ra-Ra analyst KDB Daewoo kept their mouths shut until today to discuss last month's 4th quarter and yearly numbers.  I bet they were keeping their heads down until the Nexon/NCSOFT fight got resolved or at least reached a stalemate.

There recomendations, buy low in the first half of 2015, sell high during the 2nd half.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #2325 on: March 13, 2015, 08:03:18 AM »
Now I find this interesting.  Ra-Ra analyst KDB Daewoo kept their mouths shut until today to discuss last month's 4th quarter and yearly numbers.  I bet they were keeping their heads down until the Nexon/NCSOFT fight got resolved or at least reached a stalemate.

There recomendations, buy low in the first half of 2015, sell high during the 2nd half.

I was just thinking about this today. I was wondering if things settled down between them two. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a stalemate for now but eventually Nexon will win. The higher ups of NCSoft will branch out into other related areas and eventually leave the company.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2326 on: March 13, 2015, 07:18:19 PM »
Today's NCSoft news from Massively:

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/13/embezzlement-scandal-rocks-ncsoft/

The short version is that several employees were caught embezzling money.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2327 on: March 15, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:32:30 PM by FatherXmas »

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #2328 on: March 16, 2015, 01:59:45 AM »
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2329 on: March 16, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »
If this happens, I will laugh and laugh and laugh...

I've always hated the idea of lockboxes.  At least with the Super Packs, even your "lowest draw" was typically something good.  As I've said before here, I bought lots of Super Packs, but at least from what I hear from people here the loot from lockboxes in Champions is a real crapshoot, and you're more likely to get junk than not.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2330 on: March 16, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »
It may simply become illegal in South Korea or restricted on how much can be bought per account per month.  Korea has mandatory exclusion of minors during certain hours, which they were talking about expanding.  Obviously we don't see that here in the US so no reason to expect any ban there on blind-boxes peculating over here.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2331 on: March 16, 2015, 08:17:10 PM »
Obviously we don't see that here in the US so no reason to expect any ban there on blind-boxes peculating over here.
Alas...

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #2332 on: March 17, 2015, 06:54:32 AM »
It may simply become illegal in South Korea or restricted on how much can be bought per account per month.  Korea has mandatory exclusion of minors during certain hours, which they were talking about expanding.  Obviously we don't see that here in the US so no reason to expect any ban there on blind-boxes peculating over here.

Well, even if they wouldn't be outright banned here, there probably wouldn't be anymore in games developed in Korea that have NA servers.  I'd consider that a win.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2333 on: May 01, 2015, 05:20:34 AM »
Minor news blip on NCSOFT.  Rankings of public game companies in terms of income.  NCSOFT is 21st.

http://www.newzoo.com/free/rankings/top-25-companies-by-game-revenues/

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2334 on: May 14, 2015, 05:54:04 AM »
1Q 2015 results.

Year over Year, total income up 5.6% for the quarter.  Profits down 2.6%.

Lineage up 61.0%
Blade & Soul up 39.2% due to strong Taiwan sales.

WildStar looks like it's on life support with only 2,593 million KrW in sales for the quarter.  That puts subscriptions at roughly 50,000- 60,000.  I can see them giving them a full year but unless there's a F2P option in the near future it looks as if Carbine fumbled badly at judging what MMO players will pay for.  It's still doing better than Tabula Rosa did.  But we'll see if Carbine has any white knights in Seoul to keep the game going.

For once NCSOFT stock surged on the news, near a 52 week high at 219,500 a share (~$200).

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #2335 on: May 14, 2015, 07:02:12 AM »
1Q 2015 results.

Year over Year, total income up 5.6% for the quarter.  Profits down 2.6%.

Lineage up 61.0%
Blade & Soul up 39.2% due to strong Taiwan sales.

WildStar looks like it's on life support with only 2,593 million KrW in sales for the quarter.  That puts subscriptions at roughly 50,000- 60,000.  I can see them giving them a full year but unless there's a F2P option in the near future it looks as if Carbine fumbled badly at judging what MMO players will pay for.  It's still doing better than Tabula Rosa did.  But we'll see if Carbine has any white knights in Seoul to keep the game going.

For once NCSOFT stock surged on the news, near a 52 week high at 219,500 a share (~$200).

Apprently Wildstar is coming to Steam in August as F2P, so I've read on Massively Overpowered.
http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/13/rumor-wildstar-is-coming-to-steam-and-might-be-going-f2p/

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2336 on: May 20, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »
Looks like last week they announced a few things.  First B&S is coming to NA/EU as a F2P likely this winter. 

Also their Project HON, which looked like a great mech game, got canceled due to lack of "local" interest.  :(

Sadly that makes my "but does it play in Busan" comment years ago seem more true than ever.